As soon as u finish a meal….everyone has the same question to ask"meethe me kya hai?”(wat’s for dessert?) of course there is a wide variety to choose from to satisfy u r taste buds BUT……yes but wat about the guilt of calories ?.....simply cant afford to indulge into sweets made with ghee n sugar!!
So here I have a healthy,sugarfree Indian sweet which is super simple n super delicious.Figs r low in fats n cholesterol so go ahead n enjoy the dessertJ
- 250 gms dried figs
- 100 gms almonds
- 50 gms cashews
- 50 gms pistachios
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- Wash the figs and microwave with 3-4 tsp water for 4 minutes.
- Grind them in a mixer.
- In nonstick pan put 1/2 tsp ghee, add the fig paste.
- Roast for 2-3 minutes, remove n cool.
- Add nuts to this n knead like a dough.
- Make a roll, wrap in a cling film.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Cut into slices.
You can use dates instead of figs.
Dates can be grinded directly, no need to microwave them.
Cardamom is optional.
- u can pack these sweets individually to retain freshness else store them in a airtight container.