Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Instant Corn Dhoklas

I am always on a lookout to try steamed and low cal recipes,while going through the ‘march-april’2011 issue of ‘Cooking &more’ spotted instant corn dhoklas,tried them instantly.I did not make any changes in the recipe except that I steamed them in idli moulds instead of muffin moulds n garnished them with frozen peas n corn.
For this recipe I have used frozen corn.they turned out super soft and the taste was appreciated by all.Yet another hit recipe from my favourite cook Tarla Dalal.

1cup…….sweet corn kernels
½ cup…...curds
1cup…….semolina(sooji)
Salt to taste
½ tsp……ginger-green chilly paste
1tsp……...fruit salt (1 sachet of ENO)
¼ tsp ……lemon juice
¼ tsp ……oil for greasing


Combine the corn and curds and blend in a mixer till smooth.
Add sooji ,ginger chilly paste,salt and ½ cup water and mix well.just before steaming ,sprinkle the fruit salt and add the lemon juice over it,when bubbles form mix gently.
Pour spoonfuls of the batter immediately into greased moulds,steam for 15 mins or till done.
Cool and demould. 
I  added corn and peas at the time of steaming.so they don’t keep falling off!!








sending this to................




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I would love to try this out next time... New recipe and very simple to execute - I am always looking for under 30 minutes recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe- perfect for those hunger pangs!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks soo easy ,,, And I love dhokla... Lovely snap shots too.. !!!

    ReplyDelete