Kotmeer Wadi


Coriander is one of the most important herbs….especially in an Indian kitchen.

In normal course we use it for garnishing …infact I feel my dishes look so v bare n dull without them.with this universal herb u get that zing to the dish!!…but besides that need to.use it for my chutneys…in parathas…….n…......well, this dish is basically kotmeer…n... kotmeer……a dish which I have picked up from a Maharashtrian friend.


3cups……………..kotmeer (wash n chop )
¾ cups……………besan
¼ tsp……………..red chilly pwd
¼ tsp …………….hing
¼ tsp……………..dhania jeera pwd
2-3 tb sp………….sesame seeds
Pinch …………….haldi

Vaghaar (tempering)
2-3 tsp……………oil
2tsp………………mustard seeds
2tsp……………….sesame seeds


Sprinkle salt n spices on the washed coriander.rub gently with hands.
Add besan and 1tsp oil to this.mix well….u might not require any water to add if the water released is enough for binding…but if u feel the mix is very dry then u can sprinkle a few drops.spread in a greased tray.



steam .


Cut into pieces n temper with mustard n sesame seeds.


**to keep this herb fresh keep it in a wet jute cloth...in u r frig.

I am sending this to.....

 http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/03/guest-hosting-herbs-and-flowers-in-my.html
Herbs & Flowers in My Platter - Coriander

Labels: ,