Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pickled ...mocked Jalapenos


BM #   Day 2


Jalapenos  r a Mexican variety of chillies…really hot..a versatile ingredient…but here i m using an Indian variety of chilles...the mexican way....inexpensive n gets done in a jiffy.use it as u r toppings in pizzas …or chop them n add to u r salads,subs..oh actually no end…….infact I like to add it to my cabbage n onion toast with a bit of oregano n chilly flake…the cheese lovers do add the cheese to this ..its absolutely amazing!!
  
250 gms…………………..chillies
 50 ml…………………….white vinegar
1tb sp……………………...salt
1tb sp ……………………..sugar
2cups………………………water
Wash n slice the chillies .
Boil the water add vinegar ,salt n sugar.
Add chillies
Switch off the gas.
Cover it …wen cool store in a airtight jar.
Stays good for 7-10 days outside…but 3months in frig. 


Hey guys…..dont get carried off by the jar lid!!they r truly homemade……..






Check out Blogging Marathoners doing Group 3 BM#4 along with me Diabetes Diet/Management: KamalikaSmithaSuma Kid Friendly Recipes: AnushaCool Lassi(e) Seven Days of Soup: Priya Suresh Seven Days of Indian Bread: JayasreePavani Seven Days of Cakes:  Priya Vasu Seven Days of PreservesGayathri KumarVaishali 30 Minutes Meals: Priya MahadevanSrivalli







Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Looks very tempting Vaishali..excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Idea .... I love your space .. first time here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theose pickled jalapenos tempts me a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mouthwatering...The jar of pickles chillies are tempting me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so bookmarking this. I would love it as a pizza topping..My favorite pizza topping combo is jalepeno and pineapple.I would love to add this one to that list. **Drool**

    ReplyDelete