Friday, June 10, 2011

Nachini Crisps with Mango Salsa


Ragi / Nachini was a name that I heard very recently.Staying in Gujrat we are more familiar with Bajra.My hunt for ragi flour proved fruitful,I see that many people are getting aware of different grains and their benefits.Ragi is full of iron and calcium,it helps maintain bloodflow and protects against heart disease.
I tried these healthy Ragi Crisps which are absolutely delicious and low cal.I have picked up the recipe from Tarla Dalal’s Cooking &more nov-dec 2010 issue. 
       The changes I made were few...I omitted wheat bran(did’nt have it at home) and added my favorite herbs...chilly flakes,oregano and pepper.Instead of baking these I put them in a toaster and there they turned nice and crisp...it took about 25 mins.
I served these with Mango Salsa....and they tasted awsum.Chilled Mango Salsa with healthy Ragi Crisps,absolutely ideal to munch on in this summer heat.

Nachini Crisps
¾ cup............Ragi flour
¼ cup............wheat flour
1tsp...............crushed pepper
1tsp...............oregano
1tsp...............chilly flakes
1tsp...............oil
Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Knead a firm dough.
Roll into small discs.
Roast them in a toaster  till crisp.
or
Bake in an oven at 180deg for 15 mins.

Mango Salsa
1......................large mango roughly chopped
1.....................onion finely chopped
2.................... green chilly finely chopped
½ tsp ............oregano
Salt to taste
Corriander leaves
Mix all the ingredients and chill.


sending it to.......

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I like using ragi in different kinds of food. This sounds like an easy recipe to try out. Bookmarked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy and fillinf ragi crisps, love that mango salsa,both together looks super irresistible..

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely.. mango salsa looks yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that is such healthy and nice snack. Vaishali dear, you posted this on a Thursday and so, this doesn't qualify for Bookmarked recipe as that only takes Tuesday posted recipes (and that too only on that day, not archived). Please email me if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete