Friday, June 10, 2011

Painting on a Leather Bag




On my trip to Japan I picked up some handbags,while packing I removed all the extra packing material.When I got back I realized that two of the bags were stained with blackish color.tried my best to remove these stains with different solutions,but...hard luck.I just dumped them and forgot .Recently while on a cleaning spree I spotted them again...what to do with them?how to use them?...just picked up my acrylic colors and tried them at one of  the bag’s belt.It looked fine and stayed too.wow...was I happy! Just like a kid as though I had acheived something great.I drew a pattern trying to work lines so that all the stains cover up.The next step was painting ...used regular acrylic colors...neat...no medium,no water,did a bit of dry brushing...and the bag became usable!!..I did have to wait for a few days for the color to dry up completely.
 Of course the second one still needs to be worked on!!







Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Omg, wonderful painting, simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Vaishali. Great way to bring life back into the stained bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply gorgeous!! love the fresh new look...superb!!

    ReplyDelete