Monday, August 29, 2011

Double Ka Meetha

BM # 8 Day 7

The Nizami kitchen of Hyderabad had some delicious rich desserts.Among these Double Ka Meetha is the king of desserts.One could say a version of Shahi Tukde,which is Awadi.The name Double comes from the bread dough which rises to the double…and roti is a variety of Indian bread…so double roti..and meetha of course is sweet ..so ..double ka meetha.
I am an ardent lover of Shahi Tukde,but Double Ka Meetha ..this was my first trial and it turned out absolutely gorgeous.Here I will not forget to thank Mona of Zaiqa.I tweaked her recipe..we can serve it hot,warm or chilled.I served it warm but one can serve according to the season.In winters you could serve it piping hot from the oven ,may be with ice cream.You could even serve it for breakfast when you have some special guests coming in.Today being the last day of this BM I wanted to end up with a sweet note and so here is....Double Ka Meetha......


4 slices…………....Bread
2 cups…………......milk
½ cup…………....…khoya
1/2........................... cup sugar
½ cup...................... mixed nuts(almonds,cashews,raisins and pistachios)
(Roast the nuts in ghee)
A generous pinch cardamom and saffron.
Fresh or dried rose petals.

Cut the bread into quarters.
Deep fry(I prefer pure ghee) till golden brown.
Add sugar and khoya to milk and reduce it to half.
Add cardamom and saffron .
Arrange the bread pieces in a oven proof dish.
Pour the sweetened milk.
Arrange nuts.
Bake at 180deg for 5-7 minutes.



This wonderful series of Nawabi Khana ends today.The menu  for Nawabi Datarkhana was......
Friends see you all in the next Marathon..Happy Cooking!!




Pin It

21 comments:

  1. Drooling here over that delicious double ka meetha. Looks absolutely sinful.
    Enjoyed all your Nawabi Khana this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shabnami...Thnx for stopping by...U have a wonderful space...Double ka meetha looks so delicious...Happy to join you dear...keep visiting me too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very yummy!!!!Will soon try it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. realy amazing !! I loved ALL your nawabi Dishes Vaishali - Now I know a trip to Ahmedabad to savour ur dishes is imminent :-)

    Cheers
    Kalyani
    Last few days – Send in your carrot based dishes
    Ongoing Event: Fasting Foods(Vrat ka Khaana Special)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys....m so glad u have relished the Nawabi Khana...n Kalyani u r welcome to visit anytime..infact wud love to have any blogger friend in my beautiful town:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Highly inviting delicious double ka meetha, enjoyed all ur fabulous Nawabi Khanas..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vaishali Ji,
    Thanks for such a nice blog!I live at Navrangpura.How is it possible to get in touch with you? Do you have any website.
    Regards
    Sheweta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mouthwatering pics....seriously I'm thinking of inviting myself to your place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. heard about this but never made this...thanks for sharing!

    Chk out my Diwali Event:
    http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/08/diwali-festival-of-lights-event-aug.html

    and On Going Event - Strawberry Desserts

    http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/07/event-berries-strawberry-desserts.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. double ka meetha looks doubly sweet :)Nice recipe and nice clicks. i know now where to look if i want to make rich nawabi khana!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks delicious!....I used to make it often before...then i stopped...its been while I made it...this is very much tempting me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. With all the nuts and dried fruit it sounds delicious. Might try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's one detectable sweet..reminds me that I haven't blogged abt this..:)..Enjoyed doing this BM with you again..

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have posted insanely good recipes that I want to try! I enjoyed doing the BM with you! Double ka meetha looks fabulous..especially with the dried rose petals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi vaishali, this is my entry for blog hop. It was simple to make and delicious..thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a gгeаt tip especіаlly to those fгеsh to the blоgospherе.
    Simple but very precіsе info… Тhank yοu fοr ѕhаring thіѕ
    one. A must rеad аrticle!

    My webpage ... bolt ephedrine hcl 25mg

    ReplyDelete