Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ghobhi, Paneer Chilly with Fried Rice

I love Chinese food,somehow I might have just cooked it once or twice in the last few years,but eaten it probably every week!Every time I want to cook my hubby says “ just order”….and it is ordered at our restaurant..the best Chinese and just the way I want it.With The Blog Hop Wednesday,I have been given Ramya’s blog to cook from. Interesting recipes there.while going through her blog ,I literally jumped when I saw Gobhi Chilly.Finally I get to cook Chinese!!Even this time he said just order…but he knew this time it could’nt be done.
I followed Ramya’s recipe with a few changes to suit the family taste.Here is my version which I served with fried rice.

4tbsp......... maida
2tbsp......... cornflour
½ tsp......... white pepper
Salt to taste
Make a batter of bhajiya consistency from the above ingredients.

1cup......... cauliflower flowerets
1cup......... paneer cut into rectangles
2................onions cubed
1............... capsicum cubed
2-4 ............green chillies diagonally cut
2’’piece.... ginger juilline cut
1 ½ tsp .....soy sauce
1 ½ tsp..... chilly sauce
1tsp.......... vinegar
1tsp.......... white pepper
Salt to taste

Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and fry to a light golden .
(make sure the cauliflower is cooked inside)
Dip the paneer pieces and deep fry.
In a wok..or a broad based pan heat oil.add garlic,chillies onions ,capsicums and ginger.Saute’.add the fried cauliflower and paneer.
Add sauces ,vinegar and salt pepper.
Mix well at a high flame.
Garnish with spring onion.

 



2 cups.......... rice
1 cup ............vegetables finely chopped
2tbsp............ finely chopped garlic
1tsp.............. soy sauce
1tsp.............. chilly sauce
 ½ tsp........... white pepper.
Salt to taste

Boil rice with salt .
Drain excess water.
In a broadbased pan heat oil.
Add garlic.Saute’
Add vegetables.Saute’
Add rice.
Add sauces and spice.
Mix well.
Garnish with spring onion.





Pin It

16 comments:

  1. thanks for trying this out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful flavourful dishes,makes me hungry..

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my favorites together..Yumm yumm..Too good
    Thanks for dropping by and for those lovely comments.
    Happy to follow u..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy looking fried rice. Chinese food is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gobhi chilly is my all time favorite....This one looks so tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy..This looks so delicious...I should try this soon...Thanks for your recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that is a tempting and delicious looking platter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this superr combination.. too good..

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks really yummy - like the combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the combo.............looks super delicious

    ReplyDelete