Friday, August 19, 2011

Hari Mirch ka Sambhaar

BM # 8      Day 4

Condiment  as Wiki says is prepared food to make food tastier or taste different.The category is vast and while choosing my recipes for this segment I have had a tough time,too many to choose from!!the first recipe for this theme is Mirch Ka Sambhaar...no no..nothing to do with Sambar.These are sauted chillies,just to add that bit of fiery taste to your food.If you are not fond of hot ones you could use capsicum too.Infact it’s  totally upto you as to how hot you want this to be.

1cup..............chopped green chilly
Itsp.................musturd seeds
4-5 tsp ..........oil
Pinch hing
¼ tsp..............turmeric pwd
½ tsp ............dhania jeera pwd
Itsp................lemon juice
¼ cup ...........besan

Salt to taste
Heat oil in a pan.
Add musturd seeds and hing.
Add chillies.Saute’.
Add salt and spices.
Reduce flame .Cook on slow fire for 2 mins.
Sprinkle besan and lemon juice.
Sprinkle about 1 tsp of water.
Let cook on slow fire for a few minutes.



This sambhaar has an awsum  taste and it can be relished with any meal.It can be eaten with rotis,puris...just about anything.You can store in the frig for atleast a week.To make it last longer all you have to do is increase oil n salt.


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. My inlaws would surely relish this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby would love this. Maybe I will have this with curd rice. It does look spicy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely new to me..yet interesting make.I think the flavour is going to be a delight finally.Would love to try.Thanks Vaishali.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks quite spicy but my husband's favourite

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made zucchini this way and that was awesome.
    This one should also taste great.
    Invitation for a Potluck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, spicy fiery mirch ka sambhaar looks super irresistible..incredible..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couple of days ago, I made something similar with capsicum. Making it with green chilies sounds yummy & spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking of sambar!..:)..sounds very interesting..

    ReplyDelete