Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Orange Kesari



Week 5!!....Blog Hop Wednesday!!!!...Radhika!!!!....The amazing lady,who came up  with this wonderful concept of cooking from a different blogger’s blog every alternate week.

This week I am cooking from Sangeetha’s blog Typical Indian Kitchen.It has both veg and non veg recipes.I like the way she explains everything step by step with pictures.In normal course of cooking  I avoid making sweets ,so this time decided to do a sweet Pineapple Peach Kesari Bhat…Check out the original recipe here. I changed the fruit and used orange,the true Kesari color.…when I read the word Bath..I wondered…Bhaat  in Gujrati  is rice….but well this is not rice it is sooji ka halwa,but fruit flavored.

Here is my version with some changes to the original recipe….

1 ½ cup................. orange pulp
1 ½ cups............... sooji
3 cups ...................water
1 ¼ cups ...............sugar
½ tsp..................... cardamom pwd
Pinch orange food color
Almonds to garnish

Heat 2tbsp ghee.
Roast sooji till golden.
In another pan add 2tbsp ghee.
Add pulp,saute’.
Add water,sugar and cardamom pwd.
Boil.
Add roasted sooji and the rest of the ghee.
Stir continuously ,so that no lumps are formed,
 and kesari starts leaving sides.
Cook on slow fire for a few minutes.
Garnish with almonds.


Sending this Halwa to Anu's Diwali Festival of lights,Black and White Wednesday
Pin It

21 comments:

  1. i think it is cake presentation is super

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super delicious kesari,simply inviting and beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Loved the presentation too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this little variation of adding orange pulp to the regular kesari...very well presented..

    ReplyDelete
  5. adding orange gives a very nice flavour..perfect and nice colour. I loved double ka meetha though I couldnt get Khoya as it is not available here. I had searched Indian and Pakistani stores and couldn't find it. Moreover, I had not seen this dessert before except for the pic on your blog. Making something that I have not seen or tasted before was a nice challenge :-) I hope it looks somewhat like the original

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is my favourite recipe. Adding orange pulp to the bhat is totally unique. Beautifully preasented pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange flavored halwa looks really awesome and delicious. Lovely presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love the twist to this traditional recipe, very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice presentation and the kesari with orange is interesting !

    ReplyDelete
  10. orange kesari sounds very flavorful..good flavor to try out instead of the regular one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Something different and looks delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So scrumptious Vaishali. Love the orange flavor in the kesari.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow I love the idea of adding orange to it, will make it soon with added orange zest too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks very sweetly decadent. Nice shots, Vaishali. Thank you for sharing for BWW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made this just few minutes back with the orange pulp leftover after I made the juice. Believe me it tasted AMAZINGLY SUPERB! Our conventional rava kesari with the mesmerizing flavor of fresh oranges.. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete