Channa Daal and Green Pea Wada

 The first group of  Blog Hop Wednesday comes to an end this week.The next month we shall be having a different group, infact I have been waiting eagerly to know my pairs for the next few months. Radhika ,inspite of being so busy manages the schedules very well.
This week I have been paired with Divya of divyazeasyrecipes. Divya is a great cook and I have observed her recipes at ICC as well as in Marathons. This week I really wanted to make the moondaal ladoos from her blog,but I know there is going to be too much Mithai during Diwali so just to avoid the meetha..I decided on these wadas. The original recipe is called Green Pea Vadai. With a few changes here is my recipe…..

200gms ...........channa daal
100gms............dried green peas
1.........................onion finely chopped
1.........................bunch coriander finely chopped
4 ........................green chillies finely chopped
Few mint leaves
½ tsp................. red chilly pwd
Salt to taste

Soak daal and peas for about 4hrs.
Grind coarsely.
Add the rest of the ingredients.Mix well.
Shape to a patty.
Deep fry to a golden brown.
 Serve hot with onions and green chutney.

The wadas came out delicious.Normally I do make these ,but the green peas was a new addition.These were relished by the family.I served them in three different ways…first as wadas,then as a filling in wraps for dinner.Some batter was left so,for breakfast  I added some rice flour and curd ,finely ground it and with a pinch of ENO…I made these dhoklas.I am sorry I was not able to click the wrap picture.Thanks Divya for a wonderful dinner as well as breakfast!
And before I end a very Happy Diwali to all of you!!





the dhoklas for breakfast
These wadas go to Susan for Black and White Wednesday and Suma for MLLA ,which is hosted by Susan.

Labels: , ,