Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Kanda Bhajiya

The journey of going through a new blog is really interesting.The Blog Hop Wednesday has made it possible for us to make new friends and learn so much more from the blogsphere.Thanks Radhika!!...
This week I am paired with Shalini of Sanctified spaces.Shalini’s blog is not new to me .Many a times I have gone through her wonderful creations,her authentic,traditional recipes...her step by step pictures.Infact the Wheat Halwa I made for the ICC was Shalini’s recipe....and it turned out super!!For today’s Blog Hop I have picked up...Raining Pakoras.I have made some changes...first I changed the name ...oh...Shalini I hope you dont mind that.Well here is my version.....

1 cup.....................besan
3.............................onions juilliene cut
4-5........................ green chilly finely cut
Corriander finely chopped
Mint finely chopped
½ tsp.................... whole coriander seeds
½ tsp.................... red chilly pwd
Pinch baking soda
Pinch hing
Salt to taste

Mix all the ingredients .
Mix well,adding very little water ,make a semi soft dough.
(the onions,corriander and mint all will leave their water ,so one has to be careful,else the batter gets runny.)
Heat oil.
Fry the bhajiyas till golden brown and crisp.
Serve hot with fried green chillies green chutney and ketchup.

.



These .ofcourse turned out super..anything to do with besan and fried.....is tasty...is’nt it?

This goes to Susan's Black and White Wednesday and Suma for MLLA ,again the host being Susan.


Pin It

22 comments:

  1. Love bhajiyas. They look so crisp and yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the simplest dish here sounds really great and so yummy! Love this pakoda and the clicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All time favorite snack. Looks crispy, crunchy and mouthwatering. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this recipe...gotta try it soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your the sweetest Vaishali..thank you so much for trying out this recipe and for the wheat halwa mention.And your Kanda Bhajiya has turned out super. Lovely presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this yummy snack...looks very yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great.. we have the rain and you have the bhajiya.. not fair. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel like having some,super crispy pakoras tempts me a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love kanda bhajiya anytime with some coffee or tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect to snack anytime, very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect snack with evening tea...Looks yummy...Do check my give away ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made these not too long ago too! can take it any time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My, they look so crisp and wish I could have some for tea now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. perfect with a cup of tea....looks crispy and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sepia tones aren't going to stop me from getting my share of these besan bundles of veggies. So tempting. Thank you, Vaishali, for your rich and crunchy snack photo for BWW.

    ReplyDelete