Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lemon Basil Pasta Salad



With the wedding season here ,I have  got sick of looking at that rich food and desserts.Italian pasta salad from Cherie's blog became my choice for this Blog Hop. Frankly I wanted to make the Creamy Choco Biscuit Trifle..I absolutely loved it.It surely will be done ,has been bookmarked!! Thanks Radhika ,the Blog Hop gives us wonderful blogs to study.
I love the Italian dressing pasta ,but I had to change it because of the oil in it!!..wanted something preferably oil free or just bare minimum oil, so have changed the dressing...

1cup....................Boiled pasta
3-4...................... flowerets cauliflower
3-4...................... beans cut into two
1...........................small carrot cut into strips
orange pulp 
bean sprouts

Dressing
2................cloves garlic
1tbsp....... rice vinegar
Juice of a lemon
3tbsp........ basil
2tbsp........ olive oil
Salt to taste
Pepper
Crush the cloves.
Whisk all the ingredients under dressing.
Chill.

Garnish
Parmesan cheese

Blanch the cauliflower,beans and carrots.
Remove pulp from oranges discarding the seeds and the extras.
Add the bean sprouts and boiled pasta.
Add the dressing .
Mix gently.
Sprinkle cheese.


You could use veggies of your choice and in any proportion...absolutely personal choice.

This salad goes to Susan's Black and White Wednesday, Kalyani's Global Food Festival


Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Yumm, salad looks absolutely flavourufl and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pasta salad platter is looking divinful very tempting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome clicks...and pasta looks so good with all the flavour in it

    ReplyDelete
  4. A salad with pasts looks so appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a delightful platter there- all my fav flavours and so light n filling it looks !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks divine... and a lovely pasta salad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely delightful..this one goes on my "to do" list soon !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there mates, how is everything, and what you would like to say on the
    topic of this post, in my view its genuinely remarkable for me.


    Also visit my webpage ... invest in alternative energy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article will assist the internet users
    for building up new web site or even a weblog from start to end.


    Also visit my web page :: paleo rezepte mittagessen
    my webpage: paleo nahrungsergänzung

    ReplyDelete