Paneer Tomato Salad


BM # 12   Day 1

Paneer or Cottage Cheese,without which a North Indian meal would be incomplete.A versatile ingredient,very handy to cook quick meals and high in protien.Yes this is my theme for this week’s marathon.Paneer!!

Red ripe tomatoes are a must on my lunch table and I wondered how to incorporate this lovely white cheese with them. I am always fascinated with the colors and textures of vegetables and fruits. Anyway I just scooped these and made a stuffing ..and here I am with a delicious ..no guilt..and yummy salad..



Stuffing
1cup........... finely chopped paneer
2-3 tsp .......capsicum(red ,yellow)
1tsp........... spring onion
1tsp........... raw onion
Pinch  black pepper
Pinch white pepper
Salt to taste
Lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients.


 4 red ripe tomatoes

Wash and cut the top of tomato.
Cut the bottom too ..just a bit ,so it stands evenly.
Scoop them.
Fill the stuffing .
Garnish with mint and lemon slice.
Serve chilled.

 





If you wish to bake these you could do so too!

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#12
These are also off to Zesty Palette to the event New U

Labels: , ,