Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Raja Kebab

BM # 12   Day 2

Kebabs are a great hit with the family.Today I have picked up Raja Kabab.These are a speciality of my restaurant,though I have made a few changes to the original one ,which is more potato and less paneer. Raja Kebab is nothing but a Papad roll.A little tricky to make but if executed well I am sure you will love it.So here we go....


2 papads(you can use any brand)

Stuffing
1cup........ grated paneer
¼ cup...... boiled mashed potatoes
1tsp......... frozen green peas(if using fresh then boil them)
1................green chilly,finely chopped
2tsp......... onion finely chopped
¼tsp .........red chilly pwd
¼tsp......... chaat masala
¼tsp......... garam masala
Pinch kasoori methi
Pinch turmeric
Corriander leaves
Salt to taste.
Mix all the ingredients  under stuffing.

How to go about.....
Place a papad on the work surface.(check it should not be torn or cracked)
Damp the papad with water ,but do not use excess water.
Be careful with the edges.
Make a oblong ball of the paneer stuffing.
Place in the centre.
Fold the papad.(please refer the pics)
Make sure you seal the edges,else oil will soak in and the roll will be terribly greasy.
Deep fry.
Remove on a kitchen towel.
Cut into pieces.













Serve with tandoori salad sprinkled with chaat masala and mint chutney.
have not  tried the MW version,but guess it should work well.


Pin It

29 comments:

  1. I never tasted these but I can taste the flavor looking at the pictures.. Nice recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's wonderful Vaishali..how nice to have an alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats totally amazing and a great recipe! love the idea of wrapping it in papad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always amazed at the totally new recipes (for me at least :) ) I find in your blog! This one looks really great, liked the presentation too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. osume dear, in my next family party i will definetly tried this
    easy n quick but more tempting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow we call this as papads rolls,love the name itsel..Seriously cant take my eyes from ur irresistible clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very different and interesting! And i didn't know u had a restaurant too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. never tried paneer this way. great to know another paneer recipe. Looks yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice and i am seeing this for the first time.

    Ongoing Event: MurariAnniversary-Giveaway-2012

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks delicious and is something entirely new to me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh!! This is something beyond imagination. I guess I should bookmark your whole page instead of this recipe only. :)
    The kebabs look ultimate! I can't take my eyes off the recipe, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. mouth watering. I agree it is very tricky to handle wet papad !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious...Totally Yummy..

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Innovative and interesting mouthwatering recipe,looks yummy......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awsome. I am trying this out. Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very very interesting and delicious dish with paneer. Never thought papas can be used as a wrapper. Awesome dish. Will definitely order this in the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been planning to make a papad sandwich for long now. Your version looks very delicious.
    And the images are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never heard of this but looks delish...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very new Vaishaliji!!! Bookmarking them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, my! Who would have thought to use a papad as a wrap! That is totally new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Papad rolls looks delicious. it is new to me , am going to try this Vaishali.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! nice blog for those who loves to eat kebab.

    In partnership with Hungry House you can pick your favourite dishes from Indian Currys, Kebabs, Burgers or Thai Food visit http://www.online-takeaway.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good information on Indian recipe. its quite different from other posts,,,,Thanks.. it looks amazing kathi roll & kebabs

    ReplyDelete