Friday, January 13, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Fruit Kebabs


Tandoori food is a hit in winters..the different Tikkas and Kebabs....,but Sweet and Spicy Fruity Kebabs are loved by the kids as well..healthy ,colorful and delicious.Magic Mingle an event announced by Kalyani attracted me right away...hereby we are given a combo of two ingredients and they have to go hand in hand in the recipe....After the announcement of this first month..where we are given Chilly and Cinnamon ,I was still racking my brain and I saw some of my blogger friends had already posted their recipes!!... My options began...but wanted to create something  new ,so did’nt want to rush finally I came up with these Fruit Kebabs.


The fruits I chose....
Pineapple
Kiwi
Strawberry


Marinade
Chilly flakes
Cinnamon coarsely ground
Brown sugar
Orange juice
Salt

Garnish
Chocolate sauce

Place the chopped fruit in a bowl.
Sprinkle the spices and sugar.
Pour orange juice.
Leave it for about an hour.
Roast the fruits mildly.
(be careful with strawberries..else they will turn limp)
String them in a satay stick.
Drizzle choclate sauce .
Serve.






Pin It

15 comments:

  1. superb dish Vaishali !!! they look truly divine ! Thanks for linking to MM and glad you enjoyed working with the combo too :)


    Kalyani
    Sizzling Tastebuds

    Magic Mingle challenge for Jan’12 announced

    Event : Microwave Easy Cooking (MEC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Kebabs with fruits...new and innovative thought!
    Hope they didn't turn bitter on grilling/roasting...
    This is an amazing idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..very healthy and easy to make, I will try to make it, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. innovative.. healthy food for kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy recipe...I will try it soon....This makes me drool..Bookmarking it..

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow lovely looking kebabs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This is such an unusual dish and I cannot wait to try it out. The flavours are so different, but I can see them going together so well!

    Thank you so much for linking it to Sweet Heat! I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super creative and marvellous kebabs..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so divine. I can just pick them off the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks very colourful and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks delightful- party pleaser for sure

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m not that much of a online reader to
    be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later. All the best

    Here is my blog post - wheaton college ()

    ReplyDelete