Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Carrot and Tutti Fruity Cups

BM # 13  Day 7

Thinking from kids point of view…I decided to make carrot rice…but Valli posted these ,so I wanted to make something else.Coconut rice ?...well you guys are all familiar with those, so no point!!...Whenever I have to cook something new I open the frig and keep staring at it.Keep shuffling things…and then  the beep rings…I hate that,but I shut it and reopen!! So today while shuffling I lay my hands on tutti fruity…and I knew what new rice I had to try.Carrots…tutti fruity …sweet rice.


 


 ½ cup............... rice washed and soaked
1tsp................... ghee
1big................... carrot grated
¼ tsp................. illaichi pwd
2tbsp ................tutti fruiy(assorted colors)
4tbsp................ sugar(you can add or minus this according to taste)



 Heat a pan.
Add ghee.
Add carrots.Saute’.
Add rice. Saute’.
Add a little over 1cup of water.
Add illaichi pwd.
Let boil and then simmer .
When it is nearly done add sugar and tutti fruity.
Let simmer for 3-4 minutes or till done.




These taste awsum and the colorful tutti fruity looked so cute.You can surely make these for grown ups..add some raisins and nuts at simmer time.Let me tell you I loved cooking for kids and thoroughly enjoyed the different versions of rice.Hey friends…I wont say bye yet..I am coming back in the next group with some unique Kebab recipes,so do check ,even though you might not be in second group.

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. just how do you manage to whip up something so creative all the time vaish?? my my i need to learn a lot from you loved the banana and of course i ll come back to see the kebabs you cant get rid of me that easily

    ReplyDelete
  2. great one again :).. sure will drop by.. I am not a part of the second leg of marathon..but continue dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very creative..I bet the kids will get the lunch box empty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as expected something new and different from your kitchen, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome.... love it

    visit @my blog for my first event in ur free time :-)
    Preeti
    Ongoing Event--Color n Sweet-HOLI FEST
    Preeti's Kitchen Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice and innovative idea....

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty looking and innovative! I'm in awe of all the creativity u unleash with ur dishes Vaishali!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vaishali it has been fun week with so many creative recipes from you. I will have to try these for my kids..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rice looks so colourful and must have tasted great...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this looks delicious. very creative.

    ReplyDelete