Kand aur Makai ke Kebab

BM # 13   Day 3

I have already posted some of my favorite kebabs like Makhmali Choliya Kebab,Raajma Galouti Kebab,Raja Kebab,and Hari Daal ke Kebab in the previous marathons and this time I had to work on all new kebabs..incidentally the day I decided on Kebab theme  I got a lovely recipe from a cookery show( I only watch these shows in my office,which is ..once in a while!)The recipe sounded interesting  with sweet potato  and corn roasted on charcoal .wow!..this would surely have a smoky flavor.So here is this amazing Kebab…..


500gms.................. sweet potato roasted
1................................corn roasted
1tsp .........................oil
1................................onion finely chopped 
1tsp ....................... .musturd seeds
2tsp......................... chilly flakes
2tsp......................... parsley
1tsp .........................cinamon pwd
2tbsp....................... bread crumbs
2tbsp .......................roasted chana dal flour
Few chopped cashews

Peel  and chop the roasted /boiled sweet potato.
Remove the corn kernels.
Churn these in the mixer for a few secs.
Heat oil. Add musturd.Let  crackle.
Saute’ onions.
Mix all the ingredients and make a dough.
Shape into rectangles.shallow fry.
Serve with  chutney and onion rings.








These Kebabs had an amazing smoky flavor since both sweet potato and corn were roasted on coal..they had a very mild sweet taste  ,but very pleasing and delicious with interesting blend of flavors.My son who is my biggest critic freaked out on these ..Honestly speaking I liked the Kakori Kebabs....but I guess evryone's taste is different and anyway the platter has to have assorted ones!

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#13

These also go to Srivalli's Kebab Mela





Labels: , ,