Rasgulla Mousse

BM # 14   Day 3

We never buy any sweets but somehow they just come ..somebody gets engaged..someone gets married..oh for any small and big occasion sweets are distributed .Among Bengali sweets Rasgulla is my favorite.Everytime we get them I quickly serve them and finish off in one go trying hard not to store any.Reason?well if I don’t do that everytime I open the fridge I pop in one!!..sometimes two!!Dont laugh…I am not joking I can finish a dozen in a day!!..Its the guilt and the waist line that just stops me.

I had heard about the Rasgulla Pudding and thought why not work on Rasgulla Mousse.So I got six rasgullas..they were packed in a box..sealed..I put that in a bag and knotted it real tight and put it at one of the back shelves.(it’s a job to open the knot ..break the seal and steal a rasgulla!..from the back shelf..)I prepared everything and finally removed the Rasgullas..just at the mixing time!!

Cornflour mix
2.......................cups milk
1 ¼ tbsp.........cornflour
6tbsp............ ..sugar
Dissolve cornflour in ¼ cup milk.
Boil the rest of milk with sugar.
Add the cornflour mix, stirring continiously so no lumps are formed.

Agar agar mix
2tsp ................agar agar pwd
¾ cup............. water
Dissolve the agar agar pwd in water.
Boil.

Cream mix
¾ cup ..............whipped cream
Vanilla essence
Mix the vanilla essence to the whipped cream.

Other Ingredients
4 rasgullas.....…crumbled
½ cup................. chocolate chips

Assembling
Mix agar agar mix to the cornflour mix and boil once.
Remove from fire and place over ice ..stirring continiously.
When it reaches room temperature add the crumbled rasgullas,whipped cream and few chocolate chips.
Pour into bowls.
Garnish with chocolate chips.
Place in frig for a few hours to set.



This was my first attempt on this mousse and frankly I prefer the rasgullas ,but hubby and sunny both enjoyed the new dessert.the same mousse was relished by me the next day guess the flavors had infused very well by then....and the leftover two rasgullas...?my neice was eyeing them since I got them so ...let her have them!!

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#14

this goes to Kalyani's Summer Splash hosted by Sangeeta , Sara's Corner for women's Day, Rasya's I am the Star 




Labels: ,