Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mango Cake with Truffle


Having a daughter means...
Seeing a thousand rainbows every day
A thousand sweet dreams every night
A thousand occasions of sweet success 
And a thousand reasons to laugh and smile.
Happy Birthday sweet daughter.



As  Radhika’s Blog Hop enters another week I take this oppurtunity to wish my daughter a very Happy Birthday.

This week I am paired with Nirmala.I have visited Nirmala’s blog a few times . She is a very creative person and  has some wonderful recipes.For this Blog Hop I chose to make the eggless cake.I could have chosen some other recipe ..but since this is celebration time for us I found this apt. I always like plain cakes with some nuts but I decided to change this one with flavoring as well as icing. I made this a Mango Cake and used Truffle icing.

For the cake....
1cup.............. flour
½ cup............ oil
½ cup ............sugar
½ cup............ curd
¼ cup............. milk
1large............. mango
¼ tsp............... baking pwd
½ tsp ...............baking soda
Seive the flour, baking pwd and baking soda.
Blend the oil,sugar,milk ,curd and mango.
Fold in the flour mix with the wet ingredients.
Grease and line a mould.
Pour the batter into the mould and bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg for 35 minutes or till done.


Truffle icing
1cup.............. dark chocolate
2 cups ...........cream
Vanilla essence
Boil the cream.
Add grated choclate.
Switch off the gas.
Add vanilla essence.
Cool by placing on ice.

Assembling
Cut the cake into two equal parts.
Apply soaking syrup on both the pieces.
Apply a layer of whipped cream with some mango pieces.
Cover with the second piece.
Cover this with truffle icing.garnish with mango slices.chill and serve
The cake turned out very delicious , the truffle taste too was super but I still have to improve my skills in icing.

Soaking syrup
1/4 cup water
2tbsp icing sugar








KC-BakedGoods-May2012
Pin It

29 comments:

  1. Delicious Mango cake. Looks beautiful..
    Birthday wishes to your daughter...

    Divya's Culinary Journey
    Showcase- Desserts
    Lets Party-Breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice n delicious cake..looks yummm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake looks gorgeous,,,birthday wishes to ur daughter,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cake. Nice clicks as well.
    Happy B'day to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hearty birthday wishes to your daughter Vaishali, cake looks super yummy and quite addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy birthday to your daughter Vaishaliji. I'm just drooling over that luscious cake topped with mangoes.

    Tickling Palates
    Event : Fruit Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very emotional post with lovely recipe Vaishali .. love the cake !

    Happy Bdy to your Daughter..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious post Vaishali.. Happy b'day to ur daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful cake! Wish I could have a slice. And wishes to your daughter, who is turning an year older and is moving closer to the cake.

      Delete
  10. Very delicious cake vaishali , Happy birthday to you daughter and my wishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks amazing. I am sure your daughter enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. mouth watering cake vaishali.. too good... beautiful clicks and presentation as usual

    ReplyDelete
  13. Firstly, birthday wishes for your daughter. May she have a great & delicious year ahead.
    And, secondly I would be on top of the world if someone would make a cake this tempting for my birthday. The cake looks absolutely gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to your daughter.. Lovely cake and presentation. Nice clicks too. I invite you to link up to my ongoing event Bon Vivant series - Fruits

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing looking cake. lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to your daughter, Vaishali. She would be proud to have a mom wishing her thro' her blog also.

    Visit my recipe Banana Lassi - BHW17.

    My heart throbs for the decoration you do to your recipes always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. super yum !! and congrats on ur anniversary and ur daughter's bday

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very Happy Birthday to your daughter. Love the cake and love that you have patiently baked such an elaborate cake. Love your presentation as always. Your daughter is sure so lucky to have such a beautiful person as her mother. Love it all...you just inspire me to be a better mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cake and Happy birthday to the lil one :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Many wishes to your daughter's B'day, your wordings on daughter is so beautiful, I have two daughter's made me smile when I read it :), Beautiful cake for a beautiful daughter.., cake looks fabulous and beautiful clicks too..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Belated wish for your daughter!!!!!The cake looks yummy!!!!!Keep one bite for me too.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tempting cake,I am sure your daughter is a lucky girl to have a mom like you.Belated birthday wishes for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Belated wishes to your daughter. Lovely cake.

    ReplyDelete
  25. looks amazing...bookmarked for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Viashali, This is Anisha. I am ardent follower of your blog and your recipes inspire me, soon I'll be visiting my mother in Ahmd and would like to make this dessert for her, can you kindly let me know where do you get good quality dark chocolate?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete