Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Paneer Paandaan

BM # 16  Day 1 

For this Marathon I have picked up the theme pick one cook all…so this complete week I shall cook with the most versatile ingredient Paneer.I have cooked with Paneer before  but this is one favourite ingredient which most of us enjoy the most.


Weddings these days are an elaborate affair.Starting from décor to food we want everything to be stylish and elaborate.For us , I mean my hubby and me  attending them is a real quick affair.We bless the couple , say hi to a few friends and relatives, who meet while we stand in the queue and come back home.No dinner , no snacks!!..On these days the dinner is Aaloo or Mattar paratha.Recently  a friend’s son got married and since this was a very close friend we could not come back without enjoying the meal.The spread was really exotic.I was totally glued to the counters, trying to look for some new recipes.Paandan Paneer is a recipe from this wedding dinner.I ate one piece and then another trying to diagnose the ingredients. Well there were many spices but most of all I could feel the chilly.I decided to create my own version ,which was really appreciated by my family and personally I preferred my version to the wedding one!!






250 gms paneer cut into triangles
Few banana leaves

Marinade
1tsp ..........kashmiri chilly pwd
½ tsp........ chilly flakes
2tsp.......... red chilly sauce
¼ cup....... mint leaves
2tsp.......... garlic flakes
2-4 tsp..... olive oil
Salt to taste
Place these triangles in a flat plate.
Sprinkle the spices , chilly sauce , mint and olive oil.
Mix them lightly.
Leave for about 30 mins for the spices to infuse.
Cut a square piece from banana leaf.
Place one piece on this leaf.
Fold the leaf from left and then right, then fold the top, securing the piece with a toothpick.
Prepare the rest of the pieces.
Heat a non stick pan.
Drizzle some oil and place these paan paneers.
Roast on slow flame  till the leaves change the color.
Remove the toth pick , open the leaf and enjoy   paneer paandaan.




Pin It

26 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this finger food. I first thought it was pizza more than paneer....lovely dish. Waiting for your other paneer creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look just out of this world...again, your creativity shines through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. something totally new to me! loved the way u presented it! i am sure they r delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow never heard of this..looks absolutely dilicious Vaishali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome presentation and it looks so tempting.. you always wow us with your dishes Vaishali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ur blog always amazes me wid amazing stuff..this looks awesome..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very innovative,looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG ! Rich recipe...

    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats soo irresistible, paneer pandaan looks simply inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok, that is hands down one of the best paneer dishes I have seen. I love those indentations made by banana leaves, I mean I am literally salivating here. Love your pictures, recipe and everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priya these indentations r from a special knife that I used..so glad u liked the recipe..do try n wen u do so plz give me a feed back:)

      Delete
  11. Sounds very inviting and interesting,loved the way you sliced the paneer,must be a flavorful and delicious one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb !!!!! such a great dish I am just watching the paneer pieces

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply super......nice presentation too

    ReplyDelete
  14. The indents on the paneer is beautiful! I love that it is cooked in a banana leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you keep the paneer in a sandwich maker to get the grooves? Just wondering how you made them, cos they look fantastic. The dish also look great.

    Rajani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rajani..the grooves r from a special knife..I got that from Bangkok..years back....n thanks dear:)

      Delete
  16. what a lovely dish....vaishali , you r fabulously creative

    ReplyDelete
  17. So it is the banana leaf that makes the pattern on the paneer...and looking at the photos I thought you must have grilled it! Wonderfully innovative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should have mentioned in the post that I have used a special knife for cutting the paneer...Nandini this is not banana leaf or the grill its the knife magic!!

      Delete
  18. very interesting...sounds so flavorful n delicious too!! Thanks for sharing!
    Spicy Treats

    ReplyDelete
  19. Intreseting recipe. Love the way of the cutting the panner. Awesome clicks and presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is such a creative dish..lovely

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely dish. Needs to try it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete