Sugary Cookies..a Guest Post by my Daughter

The relation between a mother and daughter is very special.When these little angels grow, they are more like friends…and when they leave you to start a fresh life they leave a tear in the eye, but happiness in the heart.Today I shall introduce you to my younger daughter Mahima, who is the inspiration behind this blog . Mahima Jagtiani who has a wonderful blog…olives and basil..I invite her to her second home ribbons to pastas  to do a guest post for me…
Thank you my  sweetie!!...........over to Mahima......


Life events are a bit too overwhelming at times, sometimes you need to take a break and refuel yourself, and yes I took one infact a very long one.., but now craving to be back in action.

Without getting much into details, I would like to talk about my first post.
This post is very special to me, not only because it’s my first one after years of break but because this one is my first guest post for my Moms blog. ribbons to pastas.
I feel honored to be able to post on her blog, she has been my guide and inspiration in every way in every walk of my life.
So Mom this one’s for you.

Sugary Flowers
Decorated Sugar cookies


I was waiting for the perfect occasion to try my hands on sugar cookies and decorate them, and I found one, My daughter- Kaira’s 5th birthday. I baked around 90-100 cookies and decorated around 80 of them. It sure is pretty time consuming but a fun activity. As this was my first time I kept it as simple as I could by taking as simple pattern and one color scheme. The End result…. Everyone loved em!! 


Basic Sugar Cookie Dough.
3 cups All purpose Flour
1 cup Powdered Sugar
2 sticks Unsalted Butter
1 tsp Baking pwd
1 tsp Vanilla essence (I used strawberry)
1/2tsp salt.
Milk (as required)
Beat the Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy. Add rest of the ingredients gradually except for milk. Add milk if needed to form a nice pliable dough. Once done Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. Bake at 180 deg C for 10-15 min, You will need to keep a close look while they bake, You might have to turn the tray around in order to get them baked even. Once they turn golden/pale yellow... You cookies are ready.
 Cool them on a wire rack. Store in an air-tight jar. These cookies can stay up to 10 days or more.. If they last that long :)

Eggless Icing For cookies. 
1/2 cup icing sugar
11/2 tsp cornstarch 
Food coloring
2-3 tsp milk 
Flavoring of your choice.
Whisk all the above ingredients to a smooth paste. Add more milk if the consistency is very thick. 
This icing took about a day to dry, it will depend on the weather conditions on how it dries.
The end result is very pretty and satisfying. 
Happy Baking!!!


These cookies are off to Bake Fest #7 an event by Vardhini hosted by Priya and to Kalyani's Baked Delights hosted by Geetha


KC-BakedGoods-May2012

Labels: ,