Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rice Cakes

BM # 18   Day 2

This month and hence forth we shall have BM and Blog Hop on the same day.Now this becomes more interesting and challenging..We get our Blog Hop partners after we have chosen the BM themes.Killing two birds with one stone..is tough.Ofcourse one can always do two posts.My Bm theme…Kids snack.My Blog Hop partner is Deeksha of Dee's Kitchen.I was amazed to see her blog.Two in one!! She has a wonderful collection in hindi too.To fit my theme for BM I choose Rice Croquettes from her blog but  turned them into savory cakes.


1cup............ rice, cooked
2tbsp.......... carrots
2tbsp.......... beans
2tbsp.......... peas
2tbsp.......... corn
1tbsp ..........coriander leaves
1tsp............. mango chutney
1tsp............ green chilly paste
2tbsp ..........lentil flour
Pinch baking soda
Salt to taste
Sesame seeds for garnish
Boil the veggies.
Mix everything in a blender and give it a quick pulse.
Check the spices.
Shape into flat cakes.
Brush them with oil.
Sprinkle sesame seeds.
Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.




These mini cakes came out delicious with the goodness of veggies,rice and lentil.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#18
These are off to Valli's Kids Delight ....Evening Snacks event hosted by Vardhini


Pin It

34 comments:

  1. Looks something new!!!Will soon try this.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're lucky ..no recipes within my cake decorating theme so I have to do 2 posts tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. very new recipe for me...very nice twist , ur innvoations in cooking will be taken to newer heights, with this killing 2 birds in one stone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice n yummy ricecakes..looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rice cakes looks simply awesome and irresistible, wish to try it soon.. Vaishali, sure you can add those vegan waffles dear, am honoured you know:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priya..so from now on..can I take the liberty to add any vegan recipe that you post?..It surely will be a pleasure for me too:))

      Delete
  6. Love it.... i am going to make it today and pack it for Kaira's tiffin tomo.
    Can i use soaked n grinded lentin instead of lentil flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lentil flour..is used to give it binding..if you use soaked and grinded..the batter will become loose...just use some besan I am sure that will be handy .Let me know after making..hope little Kara enjoys them:)

      Delete
    2. Kaira..sorry for the typo..I dont want to spoil her beautiful name:)

      Delete
  7. very innovative...luks delicious...gona try very soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unique n innovative rice cakes. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very healthy version of a delicious fried snack..love to try your and Deeksha's version

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very innovative Vaishaliji. they just look like savory muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats new to me.. really healthy and recipe sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect recipe to use up leftover rice too.. Cakes are mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Savory cakes look irresistible...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What can I say except that I have so much to learn from you....keep it coming Vaishali...the rice cakes/savory muffins look awesome. I love the texture...very tempting. I didn't plan that well so I'll be posting 2 recipes. Good idea need to follow this for the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so many flavors! Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fine blend of flavours- good one vaishali

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's quite an interesting one..I normally get them used up differently!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds interesting and inviting,drooling here...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely snack item! Can they be lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very good idea to use up leftover rice :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow ! wish I had this recipe last week when I had a potful of extra rice from a potluck !! yummy treat to use them up..
    for baking, whats the temp used, Vaishali !


    Kalyani
    Sizzling Tastebuds
    Hosting Walk Through Memory Lane – July 2012

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thats a delicious snack and perfect for parties na...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have made something similar like this quite sometime back and called it rice croquettes.., because I shaped them in croquette shapes, My kids loved it so much, they are lovely to taste.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I tried a similar thing few days back, it was so soggy :(

    Yours look so perfect.. love the texture here. I wonder how adding semolina will temper with the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a great recipe... not to mention healthy too...

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete