Almond Stuffed Apples

BM # 19   Day 2

I read about this recipe and it kind of fancied me.It surely was challenging to try a dish where you don’t like the star ingredients. Yes I hate apples..and I have never tasted tea!! Does this sound strange?..well people wonder how my eyes open early morning without tea or coffee..well they just open..I actually don't  need any drink to get going…anyway lets get on to this fancied recipe…


½ cup ..........toasted almonds
4tbsp........... brewed tea
½ cup.......... sugar
½ tsp........... almond extract
8....................medium apples, cored
Melted butter
4slice.......... bread, blended into crumbs
1cup............ sugar
Grind almonds.keep aside.
Blend tea,sugar and almond extact.
Add the almond powder to it and blend again.
Fill this paste in the cored apples.
Roll the apples in melted butter,then in bread crumbs and finally sugar.
Bake them in a buttered dish at 350 deg for 25 mins or until tender.
Serve with whipped cream.






These apples turned out very pleasing, but I wish I had cored them bigger..so could have added more stuffing.The stuffing was actually very delicious .I was supposed to serve these with whipped cream, which would have enhanced the dish...I made a blunder by serving them as it is..it spoilt the actual  feel of dessert!..may be next time.Will surely make these again and perhaps then I shall redo the pics too.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#19

Labels: , ,