Lemon Tea Infused Pasta Salad

BM # 19   Day 1

I have never tasted tea,........coffee I do drink, but rarely.......maybe once in six months though I love its flavor and aroma.This time when Valli announced the BM  I thought since I don’t drink these two things it would be more challenging for me to work with them.
For Day 1 I have made a pasta salad .The pasta is boiled in lemon flavored tea. I used Tetley lemon flavored tea bags.So , lets check out the recipe…..

I cup...... pasta
3............. tea bags (tetley lemon tea)
1..............big mango,peeled cubed
1.............onion chopped roughly
1............ cup pomegranate pearls
1.............capsicum, cubed

Dressing
¾ cup.... olive oil
1tsp....... mustard seeds
Juice of 1lemon
6-8.......... sundried tomatoes (soaked in water for 2 hours)
Salt to taste
Blend all the ingredients to a paste for dressing.

For the salad
Heat a pot of water.
Add salt.
Add tea bags.
Let the water boil.
Add pasta.
Let boil till done, removing the scum after every few boils.
Drain and keep aside.
Mix the pasta and the prepared mango,onion,capsicum and pomegranate.
Add dressing.
Mix well.
Chill and serve.




 


The pasta after being cooked with tea, changed its color , it lended a mild lemony flavor.I think I could have added more tea bags to get a darker color and a stronger flavor but on the whole the salad tasted really good.The sundried tomato dressing was delicious.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#19

Labels: , ,