Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pasta in Pumpkin Sauce


Even though Maa does not eat Pasta , yet she cooks pumpkin very often , she says it's light and healthy. Today's post is for her..Happy Birthday!! to.the lady whom I admire most.Hats off to your immense will power, patience and knowledge .Happy Birthday maa!!

 Since Kalyani announced Pumpkin and whole chilies for MM # 9 , I have fallen in love with this versatile ingredient. For today I have prepared a pasta sauce.People like me who had mind blocks with pumpkin, will never know that this beautiful veggie can be sneaked in so cleverly. Kids will love it too..and no more fuss where veggies are concerned.


1cup............ pumpkin, peeled and cubed
2....................tomatoes, roughly chopped
1....................onion, roughly chopped
4................... whole red chillies
1tbsp........... butter
1tbsp.......... .cheese
1tbsp........... tomato ketchup
½ tsp........... oregano
Milk as desired
Salt to taste
½ cup ..........boiled pasta
Boil pumpkin, onion, tomato and red chillies.
Cool.
Blend to a smooth paste.
Add butter to a pan.
Add the puree’.
Add herbs , tomato ketchup, salt and pasta.
Mix and add milk to get the required consistency of the sauce.
Top with cheese.

 


Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Excellent way to sneak this veggie, irresistible sauce..

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful and yes its a smartass veggie u can sneak it in with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin sauce!! I was like is this real!!
    This is quite an innovative style I must admit. :)

    Ongoing Event: Cooking Made Easy With Chocolates/Cocoa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee! I too sneak in pumpkin in all possible dishes the only ones the girls know of is paratha. By teh way this sauce is amazing. I love it.Will make it next time we have PAsta!

    I am hosting Bake Fest all through Sept ’12. Do send me your entries
    I am also hosting Fast Food Not Fat Food 1st Sept to 15th Oct ’12. Do send me your entries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect season treat..never tried with pumpkin sauce..interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also planning to make this sauce but want to try it with ravioli pasta...yours looks excellent with the pretty color... & Happy birthday to your Maa....:) I hope she likes this dedicated post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh sounds interesting, the sweetness of the pumpkin must add a nice flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, let me know if I can publish this recipe in my emagazine DNS, DNS is promoting food bloggers from India by publishing recipes from Indian blogs based on a monthly theme giving full credit to the author/blog.
    if you are ok then mail me your short bio and pasta/spaghetti recipe to ver.neha@hotmail.com
    Check my website here www.dinenshare.com

    ReplyDelete