Friday, September 7, 2012

Spicy Pumpkin Hummus

 I have never cooked with Pumpkin,what does one do to those mind blocks, I always thought pumpkin to be a sweet veggie and that is one thing I don’t like.As a result never cooked anything.With Kalyani announcing Magic Mingle ingredients..I was kind of lost did not  know what to do.No choice left for me , so kept racking my brains and finally have come up with this dip.So let’s check the recipe…

1cup......... boiled pumpkin
¼ cup....... boild chick peas
¼ cup .......olive oil
4dry ..........red chillies
1tsp ..........cumin seed
4pods...... garlic
1tbsp....... curd
Juice of half lemon
salt to taste
Blend all the ingredients to a smooth paste.
Serve with your favorite chips or pitta bread.



 To be frank I was very hesitant to taste the dip, but trust me I was amazed, it tasted really wonderful. A big Thank You to Kalyani for introducing Pumpkin in my food..and now friends, I shall come up with another recipe with this combo so watch out!!

Also sending this to Priya's CWS hosted by Foodmania and Radhika's Let's cook Legumes


Let's Cook

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful presentation is this! Loved the way you have scribbled it on the plate. :)

    Ongoing Event: Cooking Made Easy With chocolates/Cocoa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know many who like hummus and not pumpkin, now I can easily cheat them into having this. Nice presentation

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this dip...I cook a lot with pumpkin one of my favorite veggies - this is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic and very irresistible hummus..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy dip..Innovative and nice hummus..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! 1st time here from a new account :) Loving your recipes so much! This pumpkin hummus is fantastic!!

    You can check out my updates on my page here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cools idea....will defintely make this with pita next time..i ought to collect pumpkin recipes for my space

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am eager to taste this dip. Even i get a bit hesitant while using pumpkin due to its sweet taste but this dip of yours is making me curious of the taste! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete