Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dilli ki Aaloo Chaat


This month's Magic Mingle has my favorite ingredient. Yes you guessed right! Potatoes!!When Pradnya announced Kalyani's event I knew I had to make this Aaloo Chaat.It would not be fair if I would miss this finger licking Delhi street food.


The boiled potatoes are peeled and fried on a gridle with a generous helping of oil.Fruits and sweet potatoes or fresh boiled green peas too are added, but my favorite is just the aloo all soaked up in that kaala chaat masala with the tangy tamarind water to give that zest!!Here is how you have to fix it...

Boiled potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes.
Black salt
Red chilly pwd
Yellow chilly pwd
Roasted cumin powder
Black pepper pwd
Salt to taste
Pinch boora khand (use powdered sugar)
Tamarind water
Lemon juice
Fry the cubed potatoes on a gridle, till crisp.
Mix in the spices according to taste and drizzle the tamarind water and lemon juice.
Serve hot.


The kaala chaat masala is available in Delhi only, so you can mix the above spices to get near to that flavor.

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. wow very tempting aloo chat,luks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delicious recipe. Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHAT!! I love Chat... and you have successfully managed to tempt me on this rainy with these lovely Aloo Chat... I am surely truing this soon! Do try those baby potato roast and let me know :) glad u liked the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. an absolute delight...i remembering seeing this recipe when Kalyani posted it and she also talked about delhi....wonder y i never came across this ever...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont kill me, chaat with aloo simply love it.

    ReplyDelete