Friday, November 30, 2012

Molten Lava Cake for Eggless Baker's Group



Molten Lava Cake had been on my to do list since quite some time.Had been wanting to try the eggless version, but as always I was apprehensive with trying something new in baking. Wonder why I have lost my confidence when it comes to baking ? Any way Gayathri announced this challenge a little before time as I was traveling and knew would not be participate later. Thanks a ton Gayathri, you sure are a sweet heart.


So here is the Lava Cake that I tried. In fact I tried the same recipe but with two different lavas. One with dark chocolate and the other with white chocolate.It is difficult to say which one was better......but actually I love orange zest and so maybe found that better. The white chunk was larger and it oozed lavishly. I felt as though I was eating a sinful dessert in a 5 star! I dusted some icings sugar on the dark chocolate lava cake  and served with vanilla ice cream and some black berries. Since my son is off desserts and hubby not too well I shared these with niece who went crazy and wanted me to make some more. The recipe is simple , but I guess I should keep this dessert for  special occasions .

.
double boiler to melt the butter and dark chocolate

in go the dry ingredients


chunks of chocolate in the center



ready to be de moulded


I used condensed  milk as egg substitute.
1/2 cup dark cooking chocolate

1/2 cup butter( room temperature)
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2cup all purpose flour
1/4tsp baking pwd

Sieve.  flour and baking powder. Keep aside.

Melt dark chocolate over a double boiler.
Add butter to it . Let this melt too.
Add condensed milk, mix well.
Add the flour mix.
Remove from fire.
Give 2-3 vigorous stirs. 
Pour into greased ramekins.
Fill just about till half, leaving space for the cake to rise.
Insert a big chunk of cooking chocolate , making sure it is absolutely covered with the batter.
Bake in a pre heated oven at 350deg for 15-20 mins.
Remove and let stand for 2 minutes.
Place the serving plate on top of the ramekin and invert the cake carefully.
Dust some icing sugar.

Serving options..
With ice cream
With berries of your choice.
Orange or lemon zest.
Eat it as it is.






with white lava and orange zest


I enjoyed making these and more than that I enjoyed eating them, though with every bite I took my heart sank!..but was glad that the portions were small. A super one!!



Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Wow, we both prepared almost the same way, great minds think alike.. Beautiful molten lava cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. b'ful...i loved the green spoon...snaps are just so tempting.

    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake looks amazing Vaishali. The lava oozing out makes me drool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cake looks superb, very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the white chocolate lava oozing out ....and adding orange zest will make the cake burst with flavors...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved the flavours... awesome :)

    ReplyDelete