Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chocolate Rocks, Sweets for Diwali

BM #23   Day 2

The second day of BM ,we shall move from planning and actually get into form to create some goodies.

Normally we start with making chocolates.For this year  20 kgs of chocolate was ordered and about 10 kgs of mixed nuts.The nuts included walnuts, cashews almond and raisins.So in all we made 30kgs of chocolate.The ratio  and the choice of nuts is very personal, one can always vary on these.The procedure to make these is simple and actually does not take long if one has extra hands for help, which I had.

Chocolate Rocks
Cooking chocolate
Assorted nuts
(Roast almonds and cashews lightly)
Vanilla extract
A wee bit of butter for glaze

Make sure the chocolate slab is at room temperature.
Break the slab into small pieces.
Place a pot of water to heat.
In another pan place the chocolate pieces.
Place the pan with chocolate pieces over the pot of water.
Make sure the water does not touch the pot with the chocolate pieces.
Once the chocolate starts melting , give a few good stirs.
Once it melts remove from the boiler and add the prepared nuts.
Stir in the vanilla extract and butter.
Place spoon fulls of chocolate nut mix on the tray which has been lined with a butter paper.
Place these in a refrigerator  to set.
Since we make in a large quantity we place these trays in a air conditioned room for more than 24 hours.
Once these chocolate set, remove from the paper and once again leave them open in the air conditioned room for a few hours.
These chocolates are now ready to be packed.












chocolate boxes ready to be dispatched, while the sweets are still in the process

Unfortunately all the pics I took while making these got deleted .I stil cant understand how this happened.I guess too many things happening while I was leaving for my holiday!! .

Getting back to work!..after the chocolates are done we work on  the sweets.We made 40kgs of Kaju Mithai and 25kgs of Nutty Fig Roll.Both the recipes are there on the blog.

We try to make the sweets in batches of 10kgs, and as soon as it gets set, it is packed and dispatched .

Luckily these pics got saved.....

the fig rolls stacked in the frig

 the kaju  mithai ..packed in the boxes



Come back tomorrow to see the Diwali Meal



































Pin It

20 comments:

  1. Man wish I could these!!! so cute and so delicious!!! such a perfect way to celebrate Diwali!!
    Sowmya

    Ongoing Event - Let's Party - Eggless Bakes and Treats
    Ongoing Event - SYF & HWS - Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. deliciously done dessert looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Vaishali. Have to learn a lot from you, especially planning and organizing. Chocolate rocks look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, i envy you Vaishali.. I dont have this much courage to do like urs. Well organised and beautifully packed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. Vaishali di, now i'm become very selfish... where is my diwali gift :)
    No words for your hardwork... it's just awesome and great inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Vaishali. I am speechless. My God! Wish I had you stamina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I lived somewhere near you. Would have loved to taste those mithai. I don't think South Indians celebrate Diwali with this much fervor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mind blowing Vaishali! Truly mind blowing! I dont know what else to say to all this effort and preparations that you have put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the packing and the kaju mithai. Awesome work Vaishali....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vaishali I realy like to meet you as soon as possible.... only word I can say tremendous.. wish I live nearby you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a wonderful post Vaishali..not sure how my comment is not here...the efforts you put into these things are so amazing!!..you simply rock..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

    Sweets for Diwali

    ReplyDelete

  13. Interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you
    Diwali Snacks Gifts Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!






    Diwali Snacks Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love to eat chocolates and kaju sweets but first time see kaju cake....please send me its ingredients and recipe. And thanks for lovely gift ideas for diwali.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic chocolate rocks. It is very easy to make, and your article is simple to understand how to make it. I like the chocolate rocks and always buy it from http://www.chocholik.com/shop/collection/rocks/. Great and amazing taste.

    ReplyDelete