Drommekage fra Brovst.....Danish Dream Cake for Eggless Baker's Group


Drommekage  fra  Brovst.....the first few times I had a tough time in pronouncing it, but I kept repeating over and over again like a school kid and got the hang of it! I know Danish Dream Cake sounds simple , and in fact is very  appropriate for this cake, it surely is a dream cake.Initially I was hesitant with the topping , due to coconut , as most of the family members are no fans of it, but truly the combination of coconut , sugar and butter made it awesome. Making a eggless cake and substituting  four eggs was also challenging.I used Egg Replacer. I did not change the recipe at all , only made it half,  which of course I repented later.My son fell in love with this cake. I also took a piece of it for a friend who is a professional baker, he  felt I should start taking orders!!

Cake
2 1/4 all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
50 gms unsalted butter
200 ml milk
300 gms sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
4 tb sp egg replacer to be mixed with 12 tb sp water

Topping
125 gms unsalted butter at room temperature
50 ml milk
100 gms dessicated coconut
200 gms dark brown sugar / muscavado sugar
In a mixing bowl, combine all topping ingredients.
Set aside until ready to spread over the cake.


Pre heat the oven to 200deg .
Sift flour and baking powder.
Melt the butter.
Add the sugar and beat well.
Add vanilla extract.
Add the milk and egg replacer mix.
Fold in the flour mixture.
Pour in  the prepared baking tin.
Bake for about 25 minutes or till the the wooden stick comes out clean.
Remove the cake from oven.
Pour the topping and bake again for 10-15 minutes.
Cool and serve.








observe the smile that formed on the baked cake!!








Thank you Gayathri for choosing this amazing cake and of course thank you Meena for suggesting it.What a wonderful cake!!

Labels: ,