Thursday, February 28, 2013

Eggless...Perfectly Perfect Chocolate Cake for Eggless Baker's Group





When Gayathri announced this month’s challenge I had absolutely no time to think about it. I had so much on my mind with the coming Blogging Marathon # 25  celebrations  and then the hang over, I completely forgot about the challenge. Finally I decided to bake the cake using the egg replacer that I had got from US.I decided to make half the recipe, but Archana Potdar was all ga ga over this cake and said I would repent later.So, yes I made the full recipe .Made some cup cakes, a bundt cake and a medium cake. Frosted cakes are always eaten by my niece and me, so I just frosted the cake with Chocolate Ganache and sandwiched it with hazelnut filling.

Needless to say the cake turned out delicious, moist and spongy. The beginning was rather rough, ah!..the negligence of reading the recipe and too many things on mind…I did not set the temperature right , and realized only when I saw a burnt top . Thankfully well in time,  I just had to scrape off the top portion .So here is how I made this cake…

Cake batter
1 ¾  all purpose flour
¾  cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
2 cups sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup boiling water
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp  egg replacer + 6 tb sp water
Sieve all the dry ingredients.
Slowly start adding the wet ingredients and beat.
The batter is a little runny.
Bake in prepared tins.

Baking temperature 180 deg C

Baking pans
One pan cake 13 x9 x2”
Three layer cake three 8” pans
Cup cakes  muffin cups 2 ½ “ dia  bake for 22- 25 mins makes 30 cup cakes.

Hazel nut filling
40 gms brown sugar
30 gms double cream
5-6 tsp butter
40 gms hazel nut / nutella
75 gms white chocolate
120 gms dark chocolate
Melt sugar.
Add cream and butter, till a smooth mix is formed.
 Add the pre melted white chocolate.
Add hazel nut / nutella paste.
Mix well.
Cool.


Assembling the cake
Slice the cake into two.
Moist it with sugar syrup.
Apply the filling.
Cover with the second layer.
Pour chocolate ganache.
Chill and serve.







 



Enjoy the cake!!

Pin It

17 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOO! Vaishali this is just OMG cake you have here. Love it dear. You do agree it was worth making the full recipe!! Try using ragi next time in place of APF and enjoy a healthy bake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice presentation, love the way you decorated. need to grab some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice.... yummly cake.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. The star of the cake, the lone strawberry stands out beautifully. Lovely space, first time here.

    happy to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake slice is calling my name out from the computer. Looks absolutely mouthwatering. Yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cake is tempting a lot.Especially the last two pics.Truly mouthwatering.

    http://sabdhaskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling. Love the dripping frosting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am craving for some cake now,,.,

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummilicious and tasty...i love chocolate cake

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cake,who can resist to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this website, and your views are pleasant in favor of new people.


    my website: http://collegeoddz.com
    my page - website

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is surely my cake Vaishali..looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks gorgeous.I too first wanted to use egg replacer but then changed my mind and used sour cream..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks awesome Vaishali. Thank God you tried it out without missing the challenge. The ganache looks so so nice...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let me know if you can submit a cake recipe for DNS. DNS is a blog cum magazine to support Indian food bloggers.
    Kindly mail me your recipe with a short bio of yours to ver.neha@hotmail.com
    (Make sure the recipe is yours).
    You can submit more than 1 recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi..vaishali!!lovely recipe..can u pls suggest an alternative to egg replacer?

    ReplyDelete