Sunday, March 24, 2013

Beetroot Salad

BM # 26   Day 1

Summer is the time when we love to eat those chilled salads .I wish I could go on just salads for a while, but somehow just cant do that.My son is one salad freak and he loves to go on a month long salad diet.This is the time when my frantic search on google begins. It’s rare that I repeat the salads. For the last week of BM #26 I have picked up salads. So for the first day , here is a quick  simple salad, but with a wonderful taste, and quite filling too.

2 medium beet roots, boiled
1 onion, finely chopped onion
Handful crushed walnuts
Salt to taste
Black pepper
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Boil the beet root and peel it.
Cut it into slices.
In a bowl, mix beet root , onion, salt , pepper and some lemon juice.
Drizzle some olive oil.Mix .
Transfer to a serving plate .
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and walnuts.



Pin It

16 comments:

  1. looks beautiful, this is very nice recipe Vaishali, cannot wait to try, it is good as an entree dish on its own

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its a great combination of beetroot & walnuts. Your salad looks juicy & crunchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. crunchy and super healthy salad... I have been asked to eat beetroots for quick recovery and this surely helps..
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - HITS - Diabetic Friendly
    Ongoing Event + Giveaway - Italian Dishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crunch from the walnuts... wish my family eats beetroot - somehow everytime I make beetroot curry I pray that it gets eaten :-) Different strokes, different folks, I guess..

    Kalyani
    Sizzling Tastebuds
    Event : Summer Splash + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prepare with raw beetroot for my husband. This sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like beets as raw and sliced..never thought of boiling it..must have been good, esp beets being promoted so much for it's goodness..nice one Vaishali..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this kind of salad, with walnuts and beets this salad just makes me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beet root salad with walnuts must be very unique combination, salad looks very inviting .....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very quick recipe. Nice combo of soft beets, fresh onion n crunchy walnuts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love beets and you have plated it so artistically, as always

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, that looks superb Vaishali. Please do send your delicious and healthy dish to my "Healthy Me & Healthy Us" event @ my blog (read the rules please)

    ReplyDelete
  12. With every BM, my bookmark list is getting longer and longer!! It just got longer by one more entry now :-)

    Love this salad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.. beetroot salad, now that's totally new to me. I'm the only one eating beets at home, so I'll make it for myself sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never bring beets home unless I have to put in a cake. I guess I have a reason to bring some :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never had beetroot salads. Walnuts and beetroot combination looks interesting. Will try these out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colour!!!I want to make this!!!

    ReplyDelete