Monday, March 11, 2013

No Bake Granola Bars

BM # 26    Day 2

I was first introduced to Granola bars in London . I  was on a holiday to spend time with my best friend.One of the days while we were out it rained like cats and dogs, so we barged in a cafe and decided to munch something till the rain stopped.Now with the nakhras I have.. vegetarian , no eggs too, not a milk, tea, coffee person there was nothing that I could eat or munch .My poor friend kept thinking what to feed me, while she could treat herself on muffins and coffee.That is the time she asked for Flapjack, which is an oat bar with different flavors.I being a vegetarian, checked ingredients and to her relief, it was safe !One bar and I was done for the evening. I actually fell in love with them. 


This is the best Breakfast and in between munch food , which is packed with oats, nuts, honey.For variation you could add chocolate, raisins, dates, just about anything that your kids like. I would call this a Compressed Meal! !So pack these Granola Bars for your kiddos on the second day of BM # 26. 

2 cups rolled oats
½ cup chopped nuts ( walnuts, almonds)
½ cup raisins and dried berries
Handful of chocolate chips and musk melon seeds
¼ cup butter
¼ cup honey
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
Pinch salt
½ tsp vanilla
Toast the oats lightly, on a medium heat.Remove and keep aside.
Roast the nuts and keep aside.
In a pan add butter, honey, brown sugar and a pinch of salt.
Cook till bubbling, cook for another 2 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Add all the ingredients and mix well.
Prepare a 8 x8 ‘’ pan by lining with a parchment paper.
Press the mix in the pan and press with wet fingers, so that it is firmly packed.
Place in fridge for 30 mins.
Using the edges of parchment paper, remove from the pan.
Cut the bars in half and then into 6, creating 12 bars, or cut according to the size required.
Store covered at room temperature.







The nuts, berries, seeds are all optional and can be adjusted to taste and personal choice.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#26
Pin It

27 comments:

  1. Yumm... They looks so perfect & healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, You have done an incredible job.
    I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I'm sure they will be benefited from this web site.

    my webpage: steinzeit diรคt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vaishali.. Love your blog and as per me you are a very inspiring blogger. So heres the same award for you. Do collect it from .. http://www.tadkamasala.com/my-first-award/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love this bars, i can have it anytime of the day..You have done simply prefect. Healthy munchies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loads of goodness in a single bite.. Perfect way to sneak in for kids. The bars look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!!Now u have tempted to make some too:-)...looks very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look so good...love the fact that they are not baked, as one batch of mine, got overcooked and hard when i baked them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy and delicious bars...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Complete breakfast,i too makes this every week:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. excellent breakfast and munching option...

    ReplyDelete
  11. These really look good..when I was in US I had nothing to eat and these bars weren't appealing either..:)..now I am sure I can be tempted to try these..

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely delicious! My son loves to take this for snack to school and i hate to give him the store bought ones, just for all the added sugar! I would love to make this and keep it handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Healthy and quick BF. it's in my list for longtime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Power packed granola bar.... Looks absolutely delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Compressed meal!Nice name Vaishali!!These look great and I still ahven't made of one these.Bookmarked...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am going to try this now. Yes they are best in between munch food.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had the same experience when my mom visited us. No eggs, no coffee/ tea, just a little bit of garlic etc etc..
    Those granola bars look just awesome and they look almost like the store bought ones..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know you probably get sick of me saying this but is just mindblowing the way you style the photos - you know to place the props just perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice presentation. granola bars looks too delicious

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the delicious bar!!! very nutrituous..
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - HITS - Diabetic Friendly
    Ongoing Event + Giveaway - Italian Dishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never had granola before...somehow, the idea of a sweet breakfast is not much my thing. But they really do look pretty Vaishali. How full do you feel after eating a couple? Did you really skip dinner that day?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I m a big fan of Granola bars, i keep them as standby, whenever hunger pangs attack!!! Looks real yum, filling n healthy.
    Thanks for the tip for Cucumber salad.will definitely try grating cucumber next time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. these look nice, and loved the way u have presented them as always

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've tried making this and shared it with my friends all of them loved it...thank you for sharing such awesome recipes...very inspiring. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete