Monday, March 4, 2013

Pizza Pull Apart Bread

BM # 26 Day 2

I had been eyeing the pull apart breads since a long time, but somehow never had the courage to bake one myself. I think I should give credit to Gayathri for influencing me,  after seeing her amazing collection of breads, I was truly inspired.So here is a super soft bread which is more like a pizza .My hubby who avoids any kinds of breads gave me a green signal to go ahead and make JUST that bread for a future dinner.So for the second day of BM # 26 ,cooking with all purpose flour , relish this Pizza Bread.


Dough
1 cup wheat flour
½ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp instant yeast
1 ¼ tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup warm water
Mix both the flours, yeast, salt, sugar and 2 tbsp olive oil.
Add warm water and knead a soft dough.
Sprinkle some all purpose flour and knead the dough for about 10 minutes.
Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it.
Leave it to rise for an hour.

Tomato Puree’
4 tomatoes
2 bay leaves
1 onion , finely chopped
1 tsp garlic , finely chopped
2 tbsp ready tomato puree’
¼ cup tomato ketchup
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
Blanch the tomatoes.
Peel and finely chop the tomatoes.
Heat olive oil.
Add bay leaf .
Add onions and garlic. Saute’.
Add tomato and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Add ready puree’ and ketchup.
Add salt.
Let cool.
Grind to a paste.

Other ingredients
Olives, sliced
Jalapenos, chopped
Grated mozzarella cheese
Herbs

Assembling
Roll the dough into a big round disc.
Apply the puree’.
Throw in some olives and jalapenos.
Sprinkle herbs and cheese.
Starting from front ,roll up the dough like a swiss roll, a little tightly.
Seal the edges with the help of water.
Cut the roll into even slices. Place the rolls in a cake tin in a circular pattern..
Leave it to rise for another 30 minutes.
Pre heat the oven at 200 deg and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.


  






  
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#26
Pin It

22 comments:

  1. excellent one, on my list now...u'll soon read about this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks absolutely delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this looks delicious. WIll try this for sure.
    There is a wonderful event and a giveaway happening at my blog. Check the below link.
    http://rakshaskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/02/event-and-giveaway-announcement-only.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunner... cannot wait to lay my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is great! Delicious and mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bookmarked this one, Vaishali. I already know that I am going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously you are tempting to make some pull apart bread, am sure this bread is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drooling vaishali!!!! Simply superb!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is super duper good Vaishali!! I love the color and topping, it looks fantastic!

    You could try the russian rose shape too, all you have to do is after rolling cut into two along the length and twist them to get a rope. Round them and you have your rose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Vaishali, this is really too good, and awesome idea. I am lovely the idea and will surely make them sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!Love this...my daughter is sure to ask me to bake these:-)....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Vaishali, the pull apart bread looks amazing. Only you could come up with such a novel idea. You have been such a great inspiration for many of us and I couldn't beleive you saying that I inspired you into bread making...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Yumm! These look amazing :) Wish i could eat some right now...Bookmarking this :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an excellent idea! Pizza lover's treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks yummy and a very innovative idea...Nice explanation with pictures

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the pull apart breads and now you have made it with Pizza like... No way can I take my eyes off it... so drooling here!!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - What is with my Cuppa
    Ongoing Event - HITS - Diabetic Friendly

    ReplyDelete
  17. superb idea ! Kiddo loves Pizza toppings in all forms - bookmarked this again ! One doubt however - once you cut them and place them in the pan, wont the slices come apart ? Let me try this with a smaller quantity of dough...

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG ! Bread to pizza sure it will be a big hit any where. Bookmarking this sure it will in my blog one day hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes.. there are ton of pull apart breads floating around in the blogosphere.. Your pizza pull apart looks absolutely mouth wateringly delicious.. Now I'm tempted to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, now I haven't seen a pull apart pizza. :)That is a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mindblowing...so innovative... WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete