Monday, March 25, 2013

Thai Salad with Raw Papaya

BM # 26    Day 2

We have a whole lot of Papaya trees all around the garden.Normally we do not pluck them till they are ripe, it’s only when a papaya falls from the tree or I feel like making a Thai salad that I pluck it raw. This Thai salad has a sweet, tangy, spicy and crunchy flavor and I am sure you will love it. It's one of the most relished salad in our family. So here is a Thai salad for the  second day of this week's BM.

3 cups raw papaya, grated
½ cup carrots, grated
½ tbsp chopped green chilly
½ cup crushed peanuts
2 tbsp brown sugar / regular sugar
1 tbsp tamarind
1 tsp chilly powder
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients and toss well.
Serve chilled.



After making this salad it is best to let it be in the refrigerator for at least an hour,so that the flavors infuse.

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. i read this dish's name while publishing my link and was so tempted to come back and check this out, dont remember what i wrote in the email, this looks fabulous and i dont have any papaya tree but will definitely buy one, i never practised many recipes with it....bookmarked for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. very refreshing and delicious salad!!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - HITS - Diabetic Friendly
    Ongoing Event + Giveaway - Italian Dishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rush of the coriander bunch along with the tomato roundels :-) Have heard of this, but never made this thinking it would be with some super exotic ingredients. but I am seriously thinking of giving it a try soon !

    Kalyani
    Sizzling Tastebuds
    Event : Summer Splash + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... and do link your Salads etc to the Summer Splash event at my blog, Vaishali !

    Kalyani
    Sizzling Tastebuds
    Event : Summer Splash + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thai foods are my weakness, i now how crunch this salad with be,love that bowl very much.Beautiful edible flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow healthy salad,I just love Thai foods...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, salad recipes raining. Love this one too. Please do send your delicious and healthy dish to my "Healthy Me & Healthy Us" event @ my blog (read the rules please)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that sweet, tangy, spicy taste of this salad. We have papaya trees in my native, will give this a try when I go there next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salad looks healthy and a must to try,beautiful presentation..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting blend in the seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my husband's favorite salads. Love the different layers of flavors in this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always get this when I go to Thai restaurants - one of my faves

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have heard about tis salad but never got to prepare some. Now this pic is tempting me to make some

    ReplyDelete