Monday, April 22, 2013

Aaloo Tikki Wrap

Weekend Cooking

When ever I want to make something simple and delicious, Wraps come to my rescue.This weekend I did not want to do any elaborate cooking, as it is really getting hot . I know my co bloggers, Valli and Champa would surely have something interesting on their weekend menu.Anyway I choose something light and simple.Well,I made Aaloo Tikki Wraps.For the wrap, I used the regular wheat flour roti, made by the young girl, who comes in to make chapatis every day.The roll and the salad were simple and got done quite quickly.


Aaloo Tikki Roll
4 boiled potatoes, peeled, mashed
2 green chillies, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh green coriander, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
pinch garam masala
2 slices bread, pulsed in a mixer
salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients and make a dough.
Divide in two equal portion.
Make rolls,
Deep fry or shallow fry or bake.

Salad
Cabbage
Onion
Tomato
Capsicum

Sauces
Eggless Mayo
Red Chilly Sauce
Green Chilly Sauce
Tomato Ketchup

Ready Chapatis

Assembling the wrap
Place a chapati on the counter.
Apply the mayo.
Drizzle the green chilly sauce.
Spread the salad.
Place the roll.
Drizzle ketchup and red chilly sauce.
Wrap up and enjoy.



I do not heat these in summers, but toast them up a little in winters.



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. superb presentation as usual, jst loved the wrap...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stuff everything in a roll. It makes work so much more less messy and is a meal with a kick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a filling and my kind of wrap,love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super wrap..... here ur space provide lot of kids idea......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb Vaishali. Even your simple meals are so elegantly presented that it feels like a feast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really one tempting roll you have there Vaishali..

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is very elaborate by my standards, everything looks perfect in this, delicious looking wrap

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to eat these. Almost like falafal wrap. I am drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The clicks are tempting everyone here Vaishali especially my daughter...

    ReplyDelete