Friday, May 3, 2013

Chocolate Panna Cotta



Making a agar gar pudding is a regular feature with me. I make it twice a week, in all one bowl a day.This is a dessert that my hubby has every night, a small bowl, with some variation and practically no sugar.I don’t even try it, as it is hardly a dessert!!When The Groovy Gourmets decided on a Panna cotta, I knew it would be interesting and a change from the regular pudding. Atleast this time I will make it sweet. Panna cotta is little different from the regular pudding , this has cream , which makes it rich. 


Chocolate is a hit flavor with the family and naturally I decided to make Chocolate Panna cotta.I was over generous with chocolate, but it made the dessert really chocolaty and delicious.I served it with ready made strawberry crush syrup, and it tasted heavenly. 

200 ml cream 
1 cup milk 
125 gms dark chocolate 
4 gms agar agar 
Boil milk. 
Add agar agar, and let the milk boil till agar agar dissolves. 
Add the chocolate, and simmer the gas. 
Add the cream and cook for another minute or two. 
Pour into mould. 
Let set. 
Place in the refrigerator. 
Serve chilled, as it is or with Strawberry Crush or Mango Compote. 
Absolutely no sugar is required as the chocolate is sweet.




Pin It

11 comments:

  1. delicious dessert looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I love this!!! You've perfectly made & looks YUM too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks very rich , delicious and chocolaty, loving it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very yummy and delicious, and nice clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally totally love those cute swirls on the top and i must say that s one hell of a panna cotta that will give italian chefs a run for their money

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, this too has been in my to-do list for long. At this rate,if I were to cook from my bookmarks, it would takes decades to finish off the list.The fianl pic is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling Completely, Very Very Tempting!!!! Love the Rich color of the dessert!!! Being a Pannacotta Fanatic, This is definitely getting Bookmarked!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is amazing. I have never tried panna cotta this will be a hit with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love the recipe..looks so tempting

    ReplyDelete