Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mango Dessert with Agar Agar


BM # 28   Day 3

I was recently introduced to the famous Italian dessert Panna Cotta, which is made with cream and milk, but the agar agar pudding that I make is with just milk, so one can enjoy this dessert without being guilty. The pudding is very close to Panna Cotta , the Panna Cotta surely is a richer dessert , but trust me most of the people would not even know the difference....it is that close.Check it out for yourself.



500 ml milk
4 gms agar agar strands
1/2 cup mango pulp, preferably alphanzo / kesar
Boil milk .
Add agar agar strands.
Boil milk till the strands dissolve.
Add sugar to taste, remember the mango pulp is sweet.
Remove from fire.
Stir for a few minutes , so that the milk cools down a little.
Add mango pulp and mix well.
Pour into cups or moulds.
The pudding will set as soon as the milk comes to room temperature.
Place it in the refrigerator.
Serve chilled.




The dessert is simple, but delicious.One can serve this with some chocolate sauce too. Try and consume the dessert within two days.



Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Can you believe it, I've never tasted panna cotta, although it is there everywhere on blogosphre! Your almost-pannacotta looks so cute in that flower mould

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful mould deliciously done

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful looking pudding... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irresistible chilled dessert, who can resist to it,seriously love that mould u used for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! And so simple.. can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so amazing and pretty. how did you get it to look like slices ...wasit the mold?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. absolutely gorgeous. And, I am in love with that cutlery.. oh! those plates. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i came here primarily to see how you would present it, and you surely know how to surprise, you make the simplest recipes look and taste better so i will defnitely agree on this one being better than the creamier pannacotta

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute mould!!!! Healthy Pannacotta, you can say!!! Fruitilicious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely AMAZING. You got me with the title and then you floored me with the pictures.. Panna cotta looks sooooooo goooooooood. I wish I could get my hands that pretty plate right now. Since I can't, I'm going to try and make it myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cream is the only missing thing in not making it panna cotta, but with just these it looks stunning. beautiful mould and the dessert came out so well...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely dessert, your mold is so cute. Mouthwatering here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with everyone here that the mould is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete