Chaat Bites


BM # 30   Week 2   Day 1


For the second week of this marathon, I shall be making kid friendly recipes, finger food or food served in individual servings.The individual serving concept has recently developed and even though at times it gets little tedious, I just love it.It look neat and classy.

For the first day I have chosen to make a bread Chaat When I was young my aunt used to make bread chaat. Basically she would use the left over bread, fry it and top it with all chaat ingredients.I have used the same concept.I fried the bread and topped with all chaat ingredients.Check out to know how I made it.



Fried bread pieces..I cut them into small round circles.
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Boiled potato
Hung curd
Date and tamarind sweet chutney
Lassan ki chutney / Garlic sauce
Green Chutney
Chaat masala
Fine farsaan sev
Coriander leaves

Fry the bread pieces to a golden.
Cut cucumbers, tomatoes and potatoes into even sized slices.
Sprinkle salt and chaat masala.
Add salt to the hung curd.
Now place a piece of bread, top it with hung curd.
Place it in the center , do not spread.
Place a slice of tomato on the curd.
Now add a tsp of green chutney, covering that with a boiled potato slice.
Put a tsp of Date chutney on the potato slice and cover it with the cucumber slice.
Spread some garlic chutney on this and insert a tooth pick.This will hold all the veggies in the chaat.
Sprinkle the fine sev.
Garnish with coriander.


Now you must make sure that the slices cut from the veggies should be of the same size as of fried bread.
I have used hung curd, so it does not make the bread soggy right away.
while putting hung curd and chutney, put drops in the center.
As soon as you insert the tooth pick to secure them, they will spread automatically.

The taste is a fusion of  dahi papadi chaat and sev poori.



Labels: ,