Thursday, July 18, 2013

Moongphali ke Dahiwade / Peanut Dumplings in Curd Sauce

BM # 30   Week 3   Day 2



Moongphali ke Dahiwade is a dish which I learnt from a cookery show at TV. I quite liked the idea of these dahiwadas. I like the flavor of peanuts so was sure that they should taste quite good. The recipe is simple , but it was a job removing the skin from these raw peanuts., if I have to make these again, I would get the ones without skin.These have been cooked for the second day of this BM under the theme Dumplings.

1 cup peanuts, soaked overnight
4 green chillies + 1" piece ginger, made into a paste
4 tbsp gram flour
Peel the peanuts and grind them with as little water as possible.
Add the ginger paste and gram flour.
Add salt and fry these like mini pakoras.
Cool and then soak into water.
Squeeze out and pour beaten curd.
Sprinkle chaat masala, red chilly pwd.
Serve chilled.





The dahi wadas turned out super soft.There was a mixed reaction on these from the family.Either they liked them a lot or they did not .. As for me I preferred the fried version to the curd version.The curd version could be improved by adding date and tamarind chutney and garnishings.



Pin It

24 comments:

  1. wow.. dumplings look amazing... bookmarked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut dahiwadas sound interesting, must be very delicious and nutty flavored...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... this is something new :)
    Thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting twist to the usual dahiwada.. I should try this out sometime... do we need to soak it in warm water, Vaishali ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's an interesting twist to the Dahiwada... should we soak the moongphalis in warm water ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalyani you can soak it in room temperature water..if you are in a rush, then perhaps you could soak in warm water.

      Delete
  6. This is very new to me never thought of peanut vada interesting ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Novel idea.. peanut pakoras in Dahi. Now my imagination is running wild.. what other wadas, pakoras can I dunk in curd like this!? I am doing the curd theme, so I've been thinking about curd the whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dahiwada with oeanuts must be delicious and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh being so used to use peanuts everyday, I wonder how I never made this dish. However did you squeeze the skin off?..sounds very nice..will try it sometime..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. valli , I scrubbed the peanuts in my palms to remove the skin..but it was a task..I suggest you use peanuts without skin..even roasted should taste as good.

      Delete
  10. wow these are siblings of curd vadais ! looks yum !

    ReplyDelete
  11. something new..looks tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting and totally new for me..Peanut in dumplings that quite unique for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.. that's a very interesting and delicious dahi vada.. Never heard of peanut vadas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Vadas with peanuts :) Very intersting...Bookmarking it! So I could use roasted peanuts for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peanut vadas sound so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks fabulous Vaishali. Never tried making Vadas with peanuts...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow.. unique and tempting too.. I wanna shift at your home.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. my mouth is watering here!!! so delicious pictures!!!
    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can we boil the peanuts and grind them, or is it necessary to soak them overnight ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well Jyoti, i have never tried with boiled ones, you could definitely give it a try.

      Delete