Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Baked Mexican Trio


BM # 32  Week 1  
Theme : Baking
Cooking with alphabets: "B"

During winters I normally make lot of baked dishes. My hubby is not allowed too many tomatoes so I try to make them in white sauce. The kids like red sauce and I get into a fix.. The solution is simple I make two sauces and give them their choices.Mexican Trio is a dish where I use both the sauces plus it is a healthier version, due to the beans and the vibrant green spinach.This is one dish where everyone is happy to adjust , besides liking and enjoying the dish.

I normally serve it with toasted multi grain bread , which is sprinkled with oregano and chilly flakes.



Layer 1

1 can baked beans

1 onion, finely chopped

3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp chilly sauce
1 tsp hot and sweet sauce
1/2 capsicum, finely chopped ( optional )
Heat oil.
Add garlic, sauté.
Add onion and capsicum and sauté till pink.
Add baked beans , and sauces.
Mix well and keep aside.

Layer 2
500 gms spinach
3-4 cloves garlic , finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green chilly, finely chopped
1 tsp flour
1 tsp grated cheese
Heat oil.
Add garlic and sauté till pink.
Add onions and green chilly and sauté till pink.
Add the washed and finely chopped spinach.
Cook till wilted.
Add a tsp of flour and salt and mix well.
The flour will absorb all the moisture and the spinach well kind of blend.
Add some grated cheese or milk.

Layer 3
1 /2 cup boiled spaghetti
2 cups white sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix the spaghetti with white sauce adding salt and pepper to taste.

Garnish
Cheese
Oregano chilly flakes

Assembling the dish
Apply butter to a baking ware dish.
Spread a layer of baked beans mix.
Next spread a layer of spinach .
The white sauce spaghetti layer comes next.
Top with grated cheese .
Bake at 160 deg for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle herbs.
Serve with toasted herbed bread










Pin It

26 comments:

  1. Baked dishes are always my fav in family.Mexican trio looks inviting rich and creamy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautifully baked with golden crisp color and proper layered dish. perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a killer party dish Vaishali! Very very 'droolicious' I say! Looks so wonderful. Got to try this soooooooon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is goodness in every layer! Love the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a new and unique dish to me...I am sure I will love this. to try list for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow thats an very very healthy casserole :) looks super delicious and yumm .. love the way 3 flavorful layers in one single dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont mind inviting myself to ur place to enjoy this delicious food.Interesting, very filling..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love baked dishes especially the ones that are cheesy. This dish perfectly fits the bill. Will definitely try this for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i melted like the cheese in your last picture on seeing this dish...amazing one pot dish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Vaishali, that looks amazing and tempting..I won't mind having it served!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that is delicious and very comforting...

    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  12. my husband n kiddo wud love this !! bookmarking this.... ! superb ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing. Your bread sticks too look great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very interesting..I have also tried bakes with beans and vegetables but should try adding spaghetti !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am tripping on that lovely cheese color. Slurrpppp

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow so good love the recipe got to try it for sure. I love to see that cheese filled to 2 layers and I can totally dig in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be trying that toasted bread for sure! And the cheese layer looks so nicely done, Vaishali..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Wish I could make it but I will be the only one eating it and it looks like a huge portion + im lazy to cook formyself. So please bookmark this as my meal when I visit you next time :).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this dish.. Being a big fan of mexican I can just grab one big spoonful right away..

    ReplyDelete
  20. The casserole looks irresistible. Love to have a portion..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Healthy and filling recipe and white sauce is my fav. so tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a unique dish...looks irrestible

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a fantastic bake Vaishali..... Absolutely love it ... Picture is too classy and great...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow absolutely fab dish. Will love to try this out soon. I am in love with the flavours you have describes. Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic baked Trio and you nail it Vaishali..

    ReplyDelete