Saturday, September 28, 2013

Xigua Salsa


BM # 32 Week 4
Theme: International 
Cuisine: Mexican
Cooking with Alphabets "X"

While deciding for my themes per week for the A-Z series I decided the last week first.I decided on International flavors because I was very dicey about finding the suitable dishes for alphabets like X and Z. I choose two recipes, but finally settled for Xigua. Xigua is watermelon in Mandarian, The recipe has been adapted from here. I made a few changes and served this as a dinner to my son.


The watermelons here have lot of seeds and it surely was a job de seeding it, but I must admit , I have yet to eat such a wonderful salad.It had the sweetness of mango, the crunch of onions,the zing of green chilly and above all the juicy watermelon, which refreshes you in the summer. The salad turned out to be a little extra spicy for me, due to the quality of green chilly, but sunny loved it and felt all the flavors complemented each other , they got balanced.the  spiciness being cut down with that sweet mango.



4 cups water melon
1 cup mango
2 green chilly, finely chopped
1 tb sp honey
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chilly flakes
2 tsp honey
1 tsp parsley
Chop the water melon into mini cubes. Make sure you do not have any seeds.
Add all the ingredients.
Mix gently .
Chill.
Serve with some crackers or chips.
I served them with blue corn flour tacos, which I recently made from the flour that Mireille had gifted me.


I had made this salad and made my post about two months back, during these two months this salsa was made at least 6-7 times and served to different set of people, different age groups.I have to admit that there is not a single person who did not fell for this salsa..everyone enjoyed it and now this is on my hot list, only mangoes will no more be in season.


Pin It

14 comments:

  1. wow such an refeshing salsa :) even i made some Xigua recipe for X .. looks super yumm and delicious combo !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colourful,delicious and my kind of exotic salsa..Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colourful salad Vaishali..:)..I am sure it would have been bursting with flavours..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very refreshing and colorful salad.Do drop by simply.food sometime, would love your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A refreshing and vibrant colored salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very refreshing , colorful and nutritious salsa...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a refreshing and delicious salsa. I made just watermelon salsa before, will have to try with mango next time.. Sounds so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. appreciate your research efforts!! delicious looking salad!!

    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very colourful and I am sure tasty Salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the toastada post and this salso also looks great! Watermelon, mangoes, chilli and honey...lots of flavors in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks yum. Greeat falvours and these are awesome. Love the X factor.

    ReplyDelete