Saturday, October 26, 2013

Chocolate Gevar Mousse

BM # 33 Week 4 Day 3

Ghevar is a traditional Indian sweet and is made out of all purpose flour. The sweet is available at all sweet shops . Those of you who are not aware of this sweet, let me tell you that all purpose flour batter is made, which is poured and then fried  in ghee after which sugar syrup is sprinkled. My brother had got me a big box of this sweet, since the sweet is made of maida and is fried obviously it was difficult to finish it.Besides I wanted to make a fusion dessert with this.

One evening while we blogger friends were chatting at what's app, we were discussing left over sweets and at that time it struck me to make this dessert. I quickly made this dessert and sent the picture to the friends.I was not sure if the dessert would set. So if it would set it would be a mousse and if not it would go in the deep freeze and we could have enjoyed ghevar kulfi. It was left overnight in the frig. Next day I observed it had set beautifully. So it was named Chocolate Ghevar Mousse.

This is my last post for the chocolate theme in the final week of BM # 33


500 ml full fat milk
100 gms dark chocolate
100 gms malai ghevar
Boil milk.
Add the ghevar , stir the milk once or twice.
As soon as the ghevar melts add cooking chocolate.
Let it melt.
Switch off the gas and pour the dessert into bowls.
Once it comes to room temperature cover with a cling film and place it in the frig.
The dessert will set in 3-4 hours.

Since the gevar is made of maida it served as a thickening agent. I did not add any sugar as gevar was sweet and the sweetness of chocolate was enough to make it perfect.


This was a dessert that I carried to the gym , so some of my friends could taste and they just licked it off not bothering about the calories.

I made it in monsoon and had not covered the dessert, this resulted in moisture over the dessert.So make sure you cover it with a cling film.


Pin It

15 comments:

  1. wow wow thats an very very interesting mousse and wat an wonderful way to use the leftover ghevar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one awesome fusion creation Vaishali..your ideas really are out of the world!..very nicely set..enjoyed all your chocolate creations..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow very intelligent idea, this will come in handy post diwali when the fridge is loaded with indian style sweets, love the way you have presented, as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh looks super yum!!!! Nice twist on a traditional dish!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speechless here!!! love love love it!!! so yumm!!!

    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hats off to your creativity ! Wonderful mousse !!

    Only few days left ...

    Eat Seasonal Food Fresh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, wat a fusion re, you done a tremendous job by combining both chocolate ghevar together, stunning dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful fusion dish!! Looks greats and makes me drool here...

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an innovative use of leftover

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently watched a you tube video of gevar making -- very interesting technique, but I immediately thought to myself that this is something I would never ever make it in my life -- too complicated.
    Very innovative use of gevar.. Lovely presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woow My son loves chocolate in any form and sure this will be a different treat for him..Love the way you presented dear..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vaishali,

    Good work and we like your blog too, would you like to be guest editor at our page at Facebook to share Sindhi Food hobbits and Recipes, Liked very much the 'Dabbal Chola au Chaap...' :)

    would appreciate your response , please PM @ https://www.facebook.com/tasteofsindh

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I was in your gym group but then they would have complained as would have finished it all by myself.:D Love it

    ReplyDelete