Sunday, November 10, 2013

Aam ki Launji

BM # 34   Week 2   Day 1

Mango is one of my favorite fruits, whether it is raw or ripe I simply love it.Today for the first day of this edition in week 2 I have picked a Rajasthani relish. Aam ki launji is a sweet and sour relish with wonderful flavors.This is served as a side with meals and has a shelf life of at least 4-5 days, provided it is stored in frig.

I had posted this for the Rajasthani Thali that I had prepared during one of the BM 's .Somehow I did not get a chance to post all the recipes of the Thali, any way here is the launji which you guys might have to wait for the right season .This is a relish which surely will please all.

1 cup raw mango, cubed
1tb sp ghee
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp nigella seeds
1-2 whole dry chilly
1/4 tsp red chilly powder
Pinch asafoetida
Pinch turmeric
Salt to taste
1 tb sp jaggery / sugar ( this can vary according to the quality of raw mango)
Add ghee to a pan, it should not be very hot.
Add cumin, fenugreek seeds,fennel seeds,nigella seeds and asafoetida.
Add whole red chillies.
Immediately add 1/2 cup water.
Add the mango pieces , and spices.
Let cook till the mango is nearly done.
Add jaggery.
Let it dissolve , cook for 2-3 minutes.



Pin It

15 comments:

  1. It's my favorite in summers ! That bowl looks so yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slurpppppp,my mouth is just watering here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouth-watering!!! :) The Sour mango in jaggery with all those spices, irresistible!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finger licking chutney,looks so delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love this - I love anything with mango

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aam ki launji looks so delicious !! makes me drool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mouth watering , that is what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A kind of variation of pachadi! Love this one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. WooW!! Great pictures!! I literally drooling here dear..

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh....the pic maks me drool even more Vaishali!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spicy and delicious mango launji.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow mouthwatering dish Vaishali.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! OMG, I want to eat some now...Very well done :)

    ReplyDelete