Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pizza Toastie

BM # 34   Week 4   Day 3

As a kid I always had a evening snack and most of the time it was street food, but if I had to eat something at home it would normally be a grilled toast.And now I realize that when my niece comes back from school, she too loves to eat a similar toast. Naturally there has to be a variation in these too.So one of the evenings I tried a pizza toast.the pizza base was slightly dry so I made it into a grilled pizza Toastie.

The Toastie tasted just like pizza but a lot more crisper.I could say that it was crisp like Jasu Ben Pizza, but the basic taste was like a good Pizza Hut pizza.

My post under Evening snacks for day 3


What you need...
Pizza base
Pizza purée
Olives
Onions, chopped
Cheese
Herbs
Cut the pizza base into two.
Apply butter on both the pieces.
Apply a generous layer of the pizza sauce on one piece.
Sprinkle onions,olives and cheese.
Sprinkle oregano and chilly flakes.
Apply sauce on the second piece also.
Cover like a sandwich.
Apply butter.
Grill till crisp and golden.
Cut. Into pieces and serve.







Pin It

14 comments:

  1. wow thats an interesting sandwich pizza :) looks fabulous and love the cheesy filling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice idea to use the pizza base for a sandwich. Pizza toastie looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a perfect evening snack I must say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to eat this lovely pizza toastie in evening snack ! Yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. like an inside out pizza...good one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally yum!!!! Oh yes I know about kids n their tastebuds part!!! Ufff, very tough

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum yum Vaishali.Would love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great idea for an evening snack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy yummy looking pizza sandwich.

    ReplyDelete