Sunday, May 11, 2014

Potato Roll

BM # 40   Week 2   Day 2


Potatoes are an all time favorite with most of us, any time of the day and any age group no one refuses them.The next favorite ingredient is cottage cheese.This potato roll is a mix of these two favorite ingredients.This is a recipe which I read more than 20 years back, I used to make for the kids when they came back from school, but over a period of time , somehow never thought of making it. The girls got married and the family perpetually on a low fat diet this dish somehow never came on the table.While going through my recipe scraps I was reminded..any way here is a wonderful recipe, which can be served either with a toast or as it is.


Potato Roll
500 gms potatoes, boiled mashed
1 tb sp butter
3 tb sp milk
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup grated cheese

Stuffing
1 tb sp oil
1 onion, big, finely chopped
3 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 capsicum, finely chopped
1-2 green chilly, finely chopped
1 sprig spring onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup cottage cheese, minced
Salt to taste

Heat oil, sauté onions.
Add rest of the ingredients and sauté for a few minutes.
Let cool.

Assembling
In a long dish place a damp cloth napkin.
Spread the potato dough.
Place the stuffing in the centre and fold it into a roll by lifting the roll with the napkin.
Remove the napkin and place the roll on the dish.
Butter the top and bake it for 15 - 20 minutes .
Cut into slices and serve.
I poured some cheese sauce  and sprinkled some herbs ..


I was not very happy about the pics and I hope I will re do this again, and whenever I do that I will try to capture step wise pics also so it is easy to understand.





Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Wow that surely sounds like a recipe to cherish!..I can totally blend with the recipe Vaishali..will surely see if I can make this my family favorite soon..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, family favourite dish.. Obviously potato is our favourite too, i can imagine myself having some slices anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting dish Vaishali. I'm sure my potato loving husband would LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very interesting dish. The ingredients sound yummy together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very different recipe and it will be a nice one to make for parties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it. Want to try it. Love teh ingredients that go in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow very interesting to make a potato roll and that stuffing is a fool proof winner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very unique way to make potato roll ..lovey !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vaishali I honestly was not expecting this kind of roll. :) Interesting and unique one.
    BTW what kind of cheese you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could use any cheese ..I used the regular Amul block cheese that we get here...but no restrictions, any cheese that you like can be used.

      Delete
  10. I am confused. How to make the potato dough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rajani!..but for your confusion I wouldn't have known my blunder!!..we need boiled mashed potato to make the dough. Edited now :))

      Delete
  11. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information.
    Order Online Food Delhi

    ReplyDelete