Thursday, June 26, 2014

Methi Aaloo Ras Wara

BM # 41  Week 4  Day 3

   
For the last three days I have been cooking with Fenugreek. This surely happens to be one of my favorite ingredients.For today I have made Methi Aaloo Sindhi style.This is my mom's recipe and I can eat one extra chapati with it.You can see three chapatis in the pic , right?..Yes that is the extra chapati.The oil that is floating up is only for presentation, please do not get scared! One can cook this without oil also. Coming to the recipe...
Before we start you need to prepare the fenugreek.
Pluck the leaves, wash them well.
Boil the leaves so that all the bitterness goes away.
Let cool and the grind it coarsely.

500 gms Methi/ fenugreek
4-5 tomatoes, pureed
1 tsp cumin seed
1 tsp ginger paste/ chopped finely
2 green chilly, finely chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
2 large potatoes, cut into big cubes
Heat oil.
Add cumin seed, let splutter.
Add the prepared fenugreek, potatoes green chilly and ginger.
Cook well.
Add tomatoes and all spices.
Cook till the moisture dries from the tomatoes.
Add 1 tsp of wheat flour, and cook further for a minute or two.
Add a glass of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
Open the pressure cooker once the pressure has released.
Serve hot with chapatis.




The flour is added so that the methi blends well. If you are a green chilly lover, enjoy with the dish, you will be amazed how the flavor of the dish is enhanced.
I must tell you that The Ras Wara means' in gravy'.










Pin It

11 comments:

  1. a new one for me Vaishali, i can see the oil floating but i am so tempted to dive in...this bowl would surely make my day

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ! I Love methi in any form - seeds or leaves.. this curry is being bookmarked to try soon .. lovely homely and yummy :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting recipe Vaishali, will surely make it sometime..lol on the oil floating!..you know right all the TV shows literally uses so much oil..:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is just watering here.. This bowl is just making me hungry.. I want to finish it rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried the gravy version , it looks and sounds tempting ! Bookmarked

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very interesting dish made with methi. Looks so comforting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, poring some tempering on the gravy does look very tempting.. :) Curry looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is new to me but something I would surely love to try (minus the oil :)). Bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love methi and this is my kind of dish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love it except the floating oil part ;)

    ReplyDelete