Rajasthani Laapsi

BM # 41   Week 1   Day 1

BM # 41 and I was waiting for the announcement, this time I wanted to pick all four weeks. I had missed BM' s at the beginning of the year and with the mega BM ahead, I was initially not sure , but decided to go ahead anyway.

For the first week I have picked Breakfast Recipes , E to N.....this E to N was a little challenging, and my mind refused to work, but finally I am here . For the first day it is Laapsi from Rajasthan.

Laapsi is made from broken wheat and can also be served as a dessert. The same Laapsi is called Kansar in Gujarat, of course with a little variation. We Sindhi's call it baae't. Made in pure ghee this is very nutritious and we make this with loads of dry fruits during winter, since it is not the right weather I did not add any nuts.

Coming to the recipe..
1 cup broken wheat
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups water
2 tbsp ghee
Cardamom powder
Nuts
Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
Add the broken wheat .
Roast till the color changes to a golden, and it emits a wonderful aroma.
Add water and pressure cook for 2 whistles, then cook on slow flame for another 5 minutes.
After the pressure is released, check if the lapsi has cooked, in case it still needs to cook, place it again on slow fire, do check that there is water for it to cook.
Once done add sugar.
Let sugar blend well and then add nuts.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#41

Labels: , , ,