Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Spaghetti with Hummus Patty for Kids Lunch Box

BM # 41  Week 2   Day 1

As a a kid I always waned to eat in the school canteen, but mom would pack some kind of stuffed toast for me. Times have changed we want our children to eat really healthy, not only that the school authorities keep a check on the lunch boxes. No junk, that is what they always say.Well it has been years since I packed a kids lunch box, but if I were to do I would pack something that gets finished. I made this lunch box and my 16 year old loved it.

The lunch box had.. 
Spaghetti in Red Sauce with Fresh Basil
Hummus and Olive Patty 
Herbed cheese 
(store bought) 
Olives 
(store bought) 


Spaghetti in Red Sauce and Fresh Basil
1 cup spaghetti, boiled
Few cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 can tomatoes
2 tbsp ketchup
Salt to taste
Fresh basil leaves
Saute the garlic in olive oil.
Add the canned tomatoes, cook till there is no moisture.
Add tomato ketchup and boiled spaghetti.
Toss well.
Add torn basil leaves.
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
I did not add any chilly, but a few drops of chilly sauce could be added.


Hummus Patty 
2 slices bread
2 tsp hummus
Few olives, chopped
Salt to taste
Combine everything and mix well with hands.
Form a patty and roast it on a non stick pan.




This kind of lunch box can be prepared in a jiffy, the store bought things can be packed in advance too. 



Also linking it to Kid's Delight hosted by Jayanthi this month.



Pin It

17 comments:

  1. This is such an healthy and tasty lunchbox. I would love to go back to school just for these sort of dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. who would look at the canteen if mom's pack such beautiful dishes ....you rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that's a gourmet lunch.. i wouldnt mind taking this to office.. yummy. thanks for linking to the lunch series event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish i go back to school with this healthy and beautifully arranged lunch box, such a filling meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is such a delicious and tempting one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That us one gourmet lunch box! I love basil in pasta and on my pizzas. Yummy lunch box

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very healthy and tasty lunch box ..please pack some for me !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting lunchbox with so many choices! Kids love that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vaishali if you were to pack like this I am sure everybody wants to eat packed food only...as I said I should get more ideas from you..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a nice and healthy looking lunch spread,kids would love it for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is yum yum !! Great nutrition packed lunchbox

    ReplyDelete
  12. that hummus patty is so innovative and unique

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hummus patty sounds so delicious. Will have to try it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the idea of that hummus patty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vaishali, I am finally creating the round-up of the lunch box event. Could you please send in pictures of this recipe and the beetroot idli recipe so that I can include them in the round-up? Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete